721: Random recordings not viewable?

LER

Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
I just had to erase ALL my recordings....

my 721 was giving the 77 error on all the recordings from tonite, and when I erased one, the available time was NOT going back up.

I just went through and deleted ALL my recordings in hope that it would fix it.

(Yes, I had tried rebooting via a power off, and no luck).

Anyone ever have this?

It's now showing 90 hours again.

PS: the individual recordings showed the correct time.....

LER said:
I just had to erase ALL my recordings....

my 721 was giving the 77 error on all the recordings from tonite, and when I erased one, the available time was NOT going back up.

I just went through and deleted ALL my recordings in hope that it would fix it.

(Yes, I had tried rebooting via a power off, and no luck).

Anyone ever have this?

It's now showing 90 hours again.

PS: the individual recordings showed the correct time.....
Thats terrible LER I have never had that happen. I wonder where all of these weird glitches are coming from. You know we have the same software and we both have the same machine but I have had mine for a long time. I wonder if they are just building shoddy equipment? Well any way I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Bob

I have yet to see a 77 error (knock on wood).

It's weird how some 721's have alot of problems and some don't.

That hard disk failure was the first problem I had with mine of any kind, but that's a doozy!

GaryPen said:
I only saw the 77 thing once, for a split second, it appeared in the top info banner.
That usually was what happened.

These would have that banner freeze, and no video/sound from it.

We'll see what happens over the next few days.

(after the erase all, etc).

No freezing for me, though. IIRC, I've only had two buggy issues in the month or so I have the 721 - one minor and one major. I wonder if my good luck has anything to do with the fact I have it set to go into standby automatically after a period of inactivity? I have also removed the cover, which lets it run very cool.

this had happened before, and I removed the "freezing" recordings. Now it was back again. So, I figured I'd try the erase all.

We'll see.

I had the exact same thing happen. I had to reboot before recording would work again. Dish needs to put a little more effort in getting rid of the final bugs in the 721 code base.

Ghost in the Machine

GaryPen said:
I only saw the 77 thing once, for a split second, it appeared in the top info banner.
I used to never see the "77" banner on PVR recordings. Since the last software upgrade I see them almost always when I start watching a recording. I've also had another bug start again. If I record either one or two programs from 7 to 8 and two more programs from 8 to 9 one of the 8 to 9 programs will only be 10-15 seconds. It used to do this every now and then a few software revs ago but since the OpenTV software download, it does it all the time.

If I leave the receiver on and force it to ask me to change the channel, all the programs record properly but it the receiver is off, it messes up.

Go figure! :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)