721 recorded titles not matching

SteveinDanville

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
I got back from out of town and I noticed that the recordings I made have goofy titleing problems, almost like the old days. For example, last night's Deadwood, which was recorded with the standard 1 minute early, 3 minutes long default, was showing the title as the show on AFTER Deadwood. I remember the old days when the title would be from the show BEFORE, due to the 1 minute early start, but I've never seen the show after the recording as the title. Also, a couple of other titles were wrong. Did a new software upgrade (downgrade!) come down while I was out of town Fri. a.m. through Sunday early evening?

I had the same thing happen to me last Thursday, except the title was from the previous program. This is the first, and so far last, time it has ever happend to me...

I recorded Cold Case last week, and the listing in the PVR showed Without a Trace (which was on 2 hours later that night, and not even a part of the recording).

One thing that drives me nuts is when I set up a PVR event manually, it shows the title of the show that was on during the 1-minute early portion.

Mine says "Unknown event" at first then after a few seconds if you push the button again it will show the right name.

aperry said:
I recorded Cold Case last week, and the listing in the PVR showed Without a Trace (which was on 2 hours later that night, and not even a part of the recording).

One thing that drives me nuts is when I set up a PVR event manually, it shows the title of the show that was on during the 1-minute early portion.
The 921 will do this sometimes, too - it'll show the 'start padded' show even if the event came from the guide (I think).

I own two 721's and will program identical recordings on each one. One of the units will occasionally display the previous show's title while the other has never made this error...

I just noticed a titling problem with one of my recordings also. I have a 522 and had a timer set for yesterday morning to record Natural Born Killers. The timer was set up from the guide (you know, search for what you want and hit "select" - it was not a "manual timer"). The program's start time was listed as 2:35 AM but I let it use the default "1 minute early" setting. Well, it shows that it started the recording at 2:34 AM and lists it as Resident Evil (the movie on before Natural Born Killers). The original poster made reference to "the old days." So I take it this used to be a common problem that's been partially sorted out? Does anyone know if Dish is aware of this problem with the 522 or should I call to complain? For one recording it's fine, but if this is going to happen all the time I'm going to have a whole list of mistitled programs, and that won't be much fun. Thanks.

1 week ago this last Sunday (4/18), I saw the "Red" dot for Sopranos at 11PM on 303, and as I was watching TV, I saw the red light go on at 10PM and was wondering what it was recording, went to the PVR section and it listed Sopranos as recording, but it was actually "Six Feet Under". I had no padding on this weekly timer, and it had been working great ever since the season premier. Well I stopped the recording and deleted the timer and this last Sunday it did record the Sopranos at 11PM, but twice, one with the default padding 64 minutes and one for what I set the new timer up for at 60 minutes. I did skim through both of them and they are the same show, on same channel. Who knows??? I only see one timer in the list with no padding. It usually get rebooted weekly btw.

I'm also getting ocassional bad titles.
I havn't recognized a pattern yet.
It gets lost in the constant time changes of shows.
Where in h@ll is name based recording???? :-(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)