721 Recording Continuously?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Vince

Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
It happened again. A Law and Order timer from last night was still recording this morning! And the only way I could get it to stop was to begin viewing the hour, press STOP on the remote, which jumped the pic to LIVE. I could then go in and ERASE the show from the list.

Originally, I tried selecting Law and Order from the list of recorded shows and pressing ERASE did nothing.

This is one SERIOUS bug.

Vince

Here's the sequence from last night that produced another night of continuous recording.

I was watching Carnivale 'live' but then paused it several times for the usual reasons falling about 20 minutes behind.

I also set timers for the Carnivale marathon at 8:00, 9:00, and 10:00 PM.

Went to bed watching the Carnivale that was 20 minutes behind and found the 721 still recording this morning. Pressing STOP on the remote was the only way to get the 721 to finish recording.

The 721 is a year old and this has only begun happening since 1.15

HTH,
Vince

This happened to me the other night, I was recording the World Poker Tour on the Travel Channel, I woke up the next morning and it was still recording.

It was the first time this happened to me since having a 721.

I found that if I tried to record an item while it was playing and didn't use the options screen and just pushed okay , it would continue to record till the hard drive was wiped. If i continue with the options screen and answer all the questions then it would stop as planned.

Happened to me on Monday. Recorded 500+ min for an hour timer..

I thought it was a fluke, but to happen to a few 721's is more to it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)