721 troubleshooting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

boomerang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 21, 2003
Michigan
I have to make this quick right now as we have to head out for a while. Can a legacy quad take out a tuner (one tuner) on a 721 or vice versa?

I have one of 4 leads coming into the house with no signal. I don't know at this point if it's the cable itself or the quad. By utilizing two known good leads, I get "Locked - Wrong Sat" on Tuner 1, 110 T16.

It looks like the 721 has problems. It seems quite the coincidence the receiver and the quad (one port) failed at the same time.

I don't know if this will help or not.

I also have a 721 with a quad switch. Last weekend, I could not get certain transponders to work on satellite input #1, while #2 worked just fine. I did a check switch, and receiver#1 came back with red Xs on it.

I pulled the card from the front of the 721 to do a reset, ran another check switch, and everything worked just fine.

It's worth a try, since it's the easiest thing to troubleshoot.

Looking at some recent posts, it seems like there's a number of us all having reception/equipment problems with the 721 right now. I don't know if it might be related to the recent software upgrade, or if it's just the age of all these units.

Scott

It took three times of running check switch before it finally took. That, or the numerous reboots I did with a check switch afterwards. I had to call tech support because my Locals disappeared. They resolved that.

Strange goings on, but it seems happy now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)