721 Won't Stop Recording

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DaveF

Original poster
May 3, 2004
Has anyone else had this problem recently? Sometimes a show will not stop when it should; it will keep recording and overwrite all un-protected recordings. I once had a 44 hr recording! This does not happen real often; maybe once every week or two. But is sure is frustrating.

I called tech support and they said it was a known issue and they are working on it. Also said it was caused by a corrupt file and the fix (until software is corrected) is to erase all recordings to get rid of corrupt file. I'm not prepared to do that (I have some protected shows I still want to see), so for now I'm monitoring the system for the problem.

If you've had this problem, please respond - I could find no mention of it in the archives. Thanks.

A suggestion, turn off/unplug the 721, until the software fix is implemented.

Because I live in a solar electric house, I have a switch inline with all non-essential electronics, to eliminate ghost loads. My 501 consumes enough power [48 watts] at idle to keep my inverter on. The fridge, furnace and well pump are the only electric devices to have free call on power, all others are switched off.

FWIW,
Hermit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts