722 and 211 OTA issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MR2NR

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 23, 2009
In your Hotwheels BIN
Ok so I got a new 722k after my LNB got fried. I'm using the MT2 modulator. I swapped it out and hooked everything back up and rescanned locals and only get three channels?!?! So I went and got another MT2 thinking that was the issue and I sell them a lot so if it wasn't it I'll have a backup, that didn't work either. I get 17 channels with the TV, what gives?

My dads 211K is also experiencing this. Is dish sending updates that crash OTA?

Reactions: pattykay
You must first tell the receiver to scan “Off Air”.

>Menu
>System Setup
>HDTV Setup, Change “Analog Type “ to Off Air, save and exit back one menu.
>Local Channels
>Scan

You are currently scanning cable channels and since Cable and OTA share the same frequency on channels 2-13 you are only getting your local VHF channels.

You must first tell the receiver to scan “Off Air”.

>Menu
>System Setup
>HDTV Setup, Change “Analog Type “ to Off Air, save and exit back one menu.
>Local Channels
>Scan

You are currently scanning cable channels and since Cable and OTA share the same frequency on channels 2-13 you are only getting your local VHF channels.

Well damn that was easy. It's just odd my dads did the same thing. I guess they pushed out an update that switched it. Who the hell knows.

Thanks so much!!!

Reactions: TheKrell
Sometimes updates will do things like that. No rhyme nor reason.

Like the CUI that turned PTAT on by default. I guess Dish doesn't care that in 4 years of installing, only 7 people have requested PTAT when I'm showing them the system.....

Reactions: MR2NR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)