722 and HD locals

Jeff lost in cable

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 15, 2005
Hi,

If I use Ota Antenna on the 722 for the HD locals then can I cancel my dish HD locals?

Was disappointed I can't get fox locals on dish but can using ota antenna with the rest of the HD locals.

Thanks
Jeff

garys

SatelliteGuys Master
You will also get other HD channels available in your area in addition to the big four (I get CW and PBS in HD). If you cancel your local pacage, you will not receive guide info for the OTA's, they will show as Digital Service. The dvr will work but you would have to set manual timers in order to record them. OTA's will not be seen on tv2 should you be using the receiver in dual mode. Many keep the local package in order to have channels on tv2 and to make recording easier.

Jeff lost in cable

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 15, 2005
You will also get other HD channels available in your area in addition to the big four (I get CW and PBS in HD). If you cancel your local pacage, you will not receive guide info for the OTA's, they will show as Digital Service. The dvr will work but you would have to set manual timers in order to record them. OTA's will not be seen on tv2 should you be using the receiver in dual mode. Many keep the local package in order to have channels on tv2 and to make recording easier.

They sure don't want you to drop local programing.
Yes, I picked up about 20 extra channels OTA.
I never have seen guide info. on the 20 extra it just says digital service so how do I get the guide?

garys

SatelliteGuys Master
They sure don't want you to drop local programing.
Yes, I picked up about 20 extra channels OTA.
I never have seen guide info. on the 20 extra it just says digital service so how do I get the guide?
You have to subscribe to your locals through Dish. You will get the sd and any HD locals for your dma that Dish supplies plus the guide info on your OTA locals.

Jeff lost in cable

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 15, 2005
You have to subscribe to your locals through Dish. You will get the sd and any HD locals for your dma that Dish supplies plus the guide info on your OTA locals.

I'm a subscriber for HD and Sd locals they have the guide.
but not the ota is this this something that gets updated like once a month?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)