722 and using a powered USB Hub.

R0ss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2009
Ayer, Ma
I currently have a usb wifi adapter plugged into usb on rear of unit. Front port has powered usb hub. Into hub is ehd and external cooling fan. This has been working just fine for several months.
Plugged sling adapter into hub. No light no power. Unplug hub plug in sling voila it works (well the receiver recognizes it but thus far I can't see it in DO or DRA, that's another issue).
The hub is an older unit but is usb 2.0, should this work? Has any one had any succes using a hub in this configuration? Maybe I need a better quality one...
Just looking for suggestions

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I couldn't get my sling adapter to work through my older 2.0 powered hub either with my 722K. Dunno why.:confused: Works fine plugged directly into the receiver.

Ed

Update:

After unplugging all usb devices rebootingthe receiver a couple of times and plugging things back in it is all working again.
USB configuration: front port sling adapter, rear port usb hub with ehd wifi and external fan.
Note im still using the old 2.0 usb hub it was a dirt cheap ebay purchase, but it still seems to be working.
Seems that a reboot might be required when adding new (I added the sling) usb devices.

Ross

I had my Sling adapter, wifi adapter, ehd and fan running off the same 2.0 hub. Had a brief power failure and then trouble. Could not get them all to work off the same hub. Have them split getween front and rear. 722 was on a up, but not the ehd or the hub. Haven't done the reboot yet.

No wifi adapter here, but be aware that you can overtax a powered usb hub. I have fan,sling adapter,and ehd on the hub, one day while using the Sling adapter I turned up the speed on the Thermotake fan on my 722 and the SA shut down, til I turned the fan speed down.
Dan

Dirtydan said:
No wifi adapter here, but be aware that you can overtax a powered usb hub. I have fan,sling adapter,and ehd on the hub, one day while using the Sling adapter I turned up the speed on the Thermotake fan on my 722 and the SA shut down, til I turned the fan speed down.
Dan

That makes sense. I don't recall ever using all the devices plugged into a multiport hub at once.
Since all is working now im not going to mess with it.

Ross

I have a usb adapter plugged into wall electrical outlet to power the external fan. I also have a NON powered hub on the back usb port of the 722k for external hard drive and sling adapter. I have had zero trouble, I just don't like open door and wire out of the front of the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts