722 at it again

thechaz05

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 26, 2011
Irwin
I have noticed the last couple of days that my DVR is recording shows that it shouldn't be. I have timers setup for New episodes but it is recording some that are not new, not all of them just some. When I look at the info it has the correct episode number and original air date but for some reason it is still trying to record it. Why oh why does this have to be so difficult?

Because the info that the timer ACTUALLY uses is either missing or inaccurate.

Yeah I figure that, problem is why now and how to correct it? Am I the only one having this problem or is it a software glitch that was recently released. Also I only mentioned the original air date and episode number to avoid responses about N/A episodes being recorded as new. I understand that the box uses data unseen by the user.

I just noticed the recent thread about 722 losing guide data, in there people have same issue. I didn't know that was being discussed because it was saying losing data which I am not. Least I know not the only one.

You can't. It's info that is missing or incorrect as supplied by Tribune Media Services. The only thing you can do is press the DVR button 3 times to bring up a list of shows in your timers. You can then go trough that list and manually skip or restore the recordings by arrowing over to the Daily Schedule, moving down to the episode and then press Info. Uou can then go to the Skip/Restore button and change it to the opposite.

Yeah I figure that, problem is why now and how to correct it? Am I the only one having this problem or is it a software glitch that was recently released. Also I only mentioned the original air date and episode number to avoid responses about N/A episodes being recorded as new. I understand that the box uses data unseen by the user.

I just noticed the recent thread about 722 losing guide data, in there people have same issue. I didn't know that was being discussed because it was saying losing data which I am not. Least I know not the only one.

You're not the only one with the issue. I have been getting more and more old shows on a New timer. I also have had incomplete data on the guide a couple times a few weeks ago. I noticed the incomplete data after I realized I was getting old shows recorded. The guide is fairly easy to fix, I do a switch check and it always downloads the guide at the end (but it takes forever to get the guide). I just wish that the old recordings would stop. I am hopeful that I do not miss new recordings. I can handle a few deletes when I see old stuff, but I don't want to lose New recordings by a messed up guide. I don't see any evidence of that though.

Such a pain when it doesn't work as expected.