722 decided I was a bad boy this Christmas

MartyB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
Elwood, IN
Came home tonight to a warning on our screen that "the contents of our hard drive has become corrupt. All recordings will be deleted." and some other info that I don't remember. :rant: I'm irritated beyond belief. Anyone know what would cause this to happen?

Came home tonight to a warning on our screen that "the contents of our hard drive has become corrupt. All recordings will be deleted." and some other info that I don't remember. :rant: I'm irritated beyond belief. Anyone know what would cause this to happen?

Usually heat build-up. These receiver need to be in an open or WELL ventilated environment, no stacking.

And even with an open area and nothing around it they still mess up. We went through 6 or so 722's before they finally decided to try us with a 722k. Haven't had any problems since (knocking on wood to not jinks the receiver).

Geoff

And even with an open area and nothing around it they still mess up. We went through 6 or so 722's before they finally decided to try us with a 722k. Haven't had any problems since (knocking on wood to not jinks the receiver).

Geoff

If you have gone through that many 722s, you probably have a grounding problem that the 722K is more forgiving of.

I find it hard to believe it could be a grounding issue that suddenly fixed stopped being an issue when a new receiver type was used, but the only Change was the type receiver, so I have no idea. Just know we have had the 722k longer than any of the 722's with no issues, and we are grateful for that.

Geoff

Geoff

What are your Hard Drive Temps? (Press - Menu, 6, 3, counters)

HDD High Temp:
HDD Low Temp:
HDD Average Temp:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)