722 DVR Events Showing Locked Events

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I have noticed lately that My DVR Events that come from my local channels are showing up as Locked Event and it is annoying because I have to punch in the password to figure out what the name of the show is. What has caused this all of a sudden? Anybody else experiencing this?

This problem can also be caused if you have removed/locked any channels in the guide listing. Sometimes people will remove the 8xxx channel alias for their locals so they don't have to see them in the guide, and this will effectively lock any DVR event previously recorded on those channels. But try the reboot first.

That is what I did, I removed the 8xxx channel alias for the locals so that they would not show up on the guide twice and locked the system. Will a reboot fix the problem in this case?

Will a reboot fix the problem in this case?
No, in that case the reboot won't help. Once you lock out a channel from the guide, all recordings from the channel are locked also. Your only choices are to unlock the recordings as you watch them, or go back and restore those channels in the guide.

I guess I will just restore the channels for the time being. The funny thing is, it does not do it to all the local channels, just some of them.

Are your recordings from your local channels that show as locked being recorded from the channels you just locked? Maybe the timer is set to record from say channel 8XXX rather than say local channel 5 (the channel which 8xxx is mapped to). If this is the case you can leave channel 8xxx locked and simply delete the timer for that channel and set up a new one pointing to channel 5.

This would be a cool trick to choosing local channels recording in SD or HD, choosing which high digit number the channel records to.

I have 77 and 129 for locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)