722 DVR no longer assigns tuner1 (HD), tuner2 (SD) by priority for simultaneous recordings

JJinVista

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
I'm running a 722 DVR in dual mode.

The title of this post says it all. I'm sure that when I used to have two shows recording at the same time, I could designate which one would record in high def (Tuner 1) by giving it's timer a higher priority.

Sometimes if the schedule indicated the tuners were not assigned as I intended, I could momentarily "Skip" one of the two scheduled timers, then "Restore" it, and the schedule would resolve to the higher priority show being assigned to Tuner 1.

As of about a week or two ago, that no longer happens. Here's what I'm seeing:
Two events, different channels, same time and duration are requested for recording.
Regardless of their priority, the one that is scheduled first gets tuner 1. By "scheduled first", I mean the one that I request first. If I delete both timers and start over, requesting them in the reverse order, the first one I request gets Tuner 1.

These are both single events, no modified start early or end late, etc.

Anybody else having the same problem? :confused:

As LER said, both tuners will record in HD. Do you have record plus enabled? If you do is it set to default to TV1 or TV2? From what you said it seems like it's enabled and defaulted to TV1. If so, that is why the first timer you set up would record to TV1.

Thanks for clarifying that. My incorrect assumption on the tuners makes this post a non-issue.

Yes, I do have record plus set to record to TV1 as a priority.