722 has higher signal than 622?

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
Hey guys, i have a 722 and a 622. i noticed my 722 started displaying pixelated images due to poor signal , but when i look at the signal meter on the 622 the signal is high and it does not pixel.
I swapped boxes with the different runs, but its the same problem. the software on the 722 is L724.

thanks

***** By the way the 622 has a higher signal than the 722******

but its just the 722 that has signal issues. if i switch the 722 to where the 622 is its the same problem. I thought at first that my coax was going bad, but thats not the case.

It is easier to troubleshoot when complete info is given. If the problem follows the receiver, it is probably the receiver but something else could be the problem. Are you using DPP equipment? If so, when you changed the receiver's, did you move the separator with the receiver or change at the wires directly connected to the 722? If the separator was moved with receiver, switch it to the 622 and see if problem moves too. If it does, you may have a bad separator, if not, it is probably the 722.

Make sure you are checking apples for apples and not any thing else.. Different transponders give different results.. Make sure when you check signal they are both on the same transponder and satellite on the list above the signal level.. If not you WILL get different results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)