722 HD failing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hikerdave

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Hi,

I think the HD in my 722 is starting to fail. The last couple of days I either cannot go into my recorded programs (I get an error that says that function cannot be used at this time), or when I do and am watching something recorded, no functions work (pause, stop, skip). When the functions stop I then cannot get back into my recorded shows. Everything seems to work for a while when I reset the box though.

So my question is if I setup an external HD can I move my recorded shows to it and then if the HD does fail and Dish sends me another 722, will I be able to watch the recording from the external HD? I have a ton of recordings and I would HATE to lose them all.

Thanks for your help.

Back them up ASAP. Ours did the same and the next day it was all gone. Add the DHPP to your account online then call to get it replaced for free. If you don't have DHPP, you may have to pay for shipping or the replacement.

I also got Dish to give me the EHD activation fee waived. They tried to bargain and give it to me 50% off, but got it free since my HDD was failing and wasn't my fault I could loose all my shows.

Dish will charge you an enabling fee, but yes you can get an external hard drive and if your recordings and the harddrive is not corrupt, move them from your receiver to the external hard drive. You would then be able to move them to your new receiver. The enabling fee is account based for 722s, so you will not be charged a second time to use the harddrive on your new receiver. If the recordings are corrupt, you might not be able to move them. I have an ehd and find it invaluable - I park a lot of recordings there. You sure that you are not trying to run a second recording while one is already running. I have paused playbacks and that is the type of strange behavior I get if I forget I have one paused and I try to go into a second recording.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts