722k & Using a UHF Remote for TV1 in another room

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DataWave

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
Hi, I was wondering, with my 625 ird that I had before I could set TV1 as a UHF Pro or something like that, so if I had tv1 running into another room I could use a UHF remote with it. Now I have a 722k but cant seem to find that option anywhere. Am I just missing it, or am I not able to use a UHF remote for TV1 in a secondary room? I must be missing it since I can pipe tv1 out to other tvs with the Home Distribution coax out.

DW

You need a remote with the TV1 UHFpro tab. It is not a menu option on the new receivers.

Thx.. do you know where to get the keys from. So far ive only found the keys with the remotes, no seperate purchase for the keys themselves.

you could take the number 2 remote and open the battery compartment, flip the key over from number two to number one. then open front panel of receiver, press system info, hit record on the converted number 1 to make it uhf. but you will no longer have a number two unless you repeat the process when finished but flipping remote from one to two. Or you could put receiver in single mode and use number 2 in both rooms . but, you would be watching same program in both rooms

He has a 722k which means tv1 remote is a 20.0 ir, to do what he wants to do he has to have a 21.0 ir/uhf pro remote with tv1 key and switch set to uhf pro inside battery compartment, then put on sys info and press record three times.

yes its a 722k with 21.0 remote, but I also have an 8.0 that Im using for another split tv2, and a spare 8.0 that Im hoping I can use for a secondary tv1 remote, if I can get the TV1 IR/UHF key for it

I'm pretty sure the 8.0 remote doesn't have removable keys, so I don't think you'll be able to use that for TV-1 on the 722k. It would have worked on the 625 however...

The 6.3 will work. Remove the battery cover, slide the "tab" out and flip it over to the black UHF side. When you set the remote address TV1 will change to IR/UHF. This worked with my 722 (non "K"), I'm sure :confused: it'd work with your "K" also.
Good luck!

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)