how to install near a gable end

MikeInAlaska

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2009
Wasilla, AK
If I mount a Dish at the peak of my (plain-jane) roof, right by the gable end -- what is good procedure for getting the coaxial cable across a couple feet of roof, around the eve, and over to the gable end?

( I have terminated a couple RG6 very high on my gable end this weekend in preparation. )

Some kind of roof clips? More penetrations into the roof for clips? Anything for taking corners around the gable eves?

Thanks again
Mike in Wasilla

If I mount a Dish at the peak of my (plain-jane) roof, right by the gable end -- what is good procedure for getting the coaxial cable across a couple feet of roof, around the eve, and over to the gable end?

( I have terminated a couple RG6 very high on my gable end this weekend in preparation. )

Some kind of roof clips? More penetrations into the roof for clips? Anything for taking corners around the gable eves?

Thanks again
Mike in Wasilla

If the dish is going to be on the roof (if it can't go on the gable end), you should be able to cross the cable over 2 feet of roof, around the eve and clip it to the gable end. I have my 2 dishes attached to the gable end of the roof and I agreed to allow the installer to cross the entire width of the roof near the peak and clip the cable to the opposite gable end and down the side of the house for an easier installation for one of the TV's. There was no attachment to the roof for the entire width (~ 40 ft.)

Having the cable unclipped for a few feet and pulled taut to the point of attachment to the gable end should not present any kind of problem. In any event, I wouldn't clip anything to the roof unless absolutely necessary to avoid any source of roof leaks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)