722 HD SD option?

rdharper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Quick question... is there an option on the 722 that allows you to record a program which is in HD... in SD?

In other words, can you select to record a program in SD if it is available in HD. This would have to be an option available at the time the timer is setup.

Quick question... is there an option on the 722 that allows you to record a program which is in HD... in SD?

In other words, can you select to record a program in SD if it is available in HD. This would have to be an option available at the time the timer is setup.

You can do that - many of the channels that have HD signals also offer SD feeds. Notable exceptions are HDnet, HDnet Movies, and the VOOM channels.

You can do that - many of the channels that have HD signals also offer SD feeds. Notable exceptions are HDnet, HDnet Movies, and the VOOM channels.

Thanks Jim.. and all. Guess I'll have to live with it.. or add the external HD. If I'm getting the accurate picture of how good HD is, I'll probably want HD for everything anyway... Dang... don't you just love progress. (well, actually I do.. )

Off to get my HD TV before the upgrade installer gets here next weds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)