722 Install 2 tvs existing coax

bonetakc

Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Richmond
I have a new Dish install with a 722 Receiver and 2 tvs. The main Tv works great but the 2nd tv gets a picture but has some snowy look to the screen.

I have created a layout using an existing dish diagram to show what I have done.

I have tried both RF channels and Cable settings in the modulator setup. With the better picture coming using the lower RF 21 channel. I used 2 Diplexers and the 1 separator that came with the new dish system.

Does anyone see any issues with the way I am trying to do the setup from my upload layout?

Attachments

• Dish7.jpg
    Dish7.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 303
First thought is poor quality cable or bad/poorly installed connectors.

Next would be to continue trying different lower numbered UHF channels.

you could try this take the 2 dish feed run both of them to you reciver inputs 1 and 2 then run 3rd wire out from reciver to 2nd tv..

you could try this take the 2 dish feed run both of them to you reciver inputs 1 and 2 then run 3rd wire out from reciver to 2nd tv..

I would but from the Cable Junction box there is only 1 Home Run to Tv1 and TV2.

So I don't have the ability to do a separate Home Run from Tv1 to Tv2

Generally, no - that is exactly my setup.

One obvious thing to check is the modulator setup (menu 6-1-5) is set to the same channel as TV2 (mine is Cable, 73).

An initial problem I had (though don't remember how it showed on TV2) was fixed by a bad connection in the wall plate for the TV2 connection. They changed the barrel in there, made a fresh connection, and all was good.

Good luck

There's 17db coming from the TV2 home distribution. A diplexar (working correctly) absorbes 2 db. Good quality rg6 3.0g swept tested looses ~4-5 db per 100 ft. Do the math and at the end of run (at your TV2) if your below below 0 db then you know there's too much in the line. If everything checks out, then there's something wrong with the TV2 output, a dixplexar, the cabling, or the actual tv in your TV2 room. If it worked at one time though and you didn't introduce anything new then I'd think there's a component in the system at fault.

To test the TV2 output, run a cable from the TV2 output to your TV1 and turn it to whatever channel you're modulated to. If it works then you know your TV2 output works.

Then do the same through the diplexers. Take one component at a time until you find where you're having the trouble.

if you have spare cable, run a test cable from your receiver straight to tv 2 - then you will know if its the cable and/or diplexers. or a tv receiver or modulation issue.
also, try another tv in the tv2 location, then you will know if its the tv.
if its a modulation issue, try different channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts