722 Installation - room change

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ohem

Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
My problem is now I don't have Satellite video on TV2. Here is what I did:

Note: My house is prewired from a media distibution box in the basement where the Satellite Switch and Diplexer connections are made.

I moved the 722 from ROOM A to ROOM B - I also moved the double cable and splitter from the wall to ROOM B. Before the move, the connections at the distribution box were:
  • ROOM A "out" cable connected to In/Out Sat connection on the diplexer
  • ROOM A "in" cable connected to position #3 on the Switch.
  • ROOM B "in" cable connected to the U/V Ant connection on the diplexer
  • ROOm B/TV2 set to Channel 73
After the move, I made the following connections:
  • ROOM B "out" cable connected to In/Out Sat connection on the diplexer
  • ROOM B "in" cable connected to position #3 on the Switch
  • ROOM A "in" cable connected to the U/V Ant connection on the diplexer
  • ROOm A/TV2 set to Channel 73
Why can't I get the satellite video on TV2/ROOM B?

What should my connections be on the back of the 722 (Sat 2 vs cable) from the splitter on the wall cable?

Thanks - any help is appreciated.

you need to change connections at the diplexer.
leave the connections behind the receiver as they were.
assuming you just swapped tv1 and tv2 positions, you need to find the diplexer in the media center in basement. find the blue diplexer. swap the vhf and in/out lines.
thats it...done!
also...in tv 2...now room a, if you have no picture, go into the TV menu and set reception to cable.

To make sure I understand, I should connect the In/Out Sat line to the U/V Ant line and connect the U/V Ant line to the In/Out Sat line?

If that's the case, I tried it and then I lost the Sat video to TV1 and still did not have Sat video to TV2. I'm sure I've misunderstand your instructions or provided you some wrong info on the in and out lines. I'm not sure.

Thanks for you help.

My problem is now I don't have Satellite video on TV2. Here is what I did:

Note: My house is prewired from a media distibution box in the basement where the Satellite Switch and Diplexer connections are made.

I moved the 722 from ROOM A to ROOM B - I also moved the double cable and splitter from the wall to ROOM B. Before the move, the connections at the distribution box were:
  • ROOM A "out" cable connected to In/Out Sat connection on the diplexer
  • ROOM A "in" cable connected to position #3 on the Switch.
  • ROOM B "in" cable connected to the U/V Ant connection on the diplexer
  • ROOm B/TV2 set to Channel 73
After the move, I made the following connections:
  • ROOM B "out" cable connected to In/Out Sat connection on the diplexer
  • ROOM B "in" cable connected to position #3 on the Switch
  • ROOM A "in" cable connected to the U/V Ant connection on the diplexer
  • ROOm A/TV2 set to Channel 73
Why can't I get the satellite video on TV2/ROOM B?

What should my connections be on the back of the 722 (Sat 2 vs cable) from the splitter on the wall cable?

Thanks - any help is appreciated.

It sounds like you did everything correctly at the media distribution box. When you say you moved the double cable and splitter from the wall to ROOM B, I would have expected that you actually have a matching diplexer and a separator with 3 or more short cables. The diplexer splits the cable from the wall back into Sat and U/V. Now, the U/V connects to the TV2 out from the receiver, and the Sat connects to a separator that splits the Sat into Sat 1 and Sat 2 which connect to the receiver, as well. Thus, the 3 or more short cables I mentioned. (The attached file illustrates what I'm describing, but the picture shows a TV3, TV4, ect.--a more elaborate setup than yours.)

Finally, as was suggested by another Forum member, check TV2 to make sure that it is set to receive the proper signal--cable vs. ant--and that it is set to the proper channel i.e., 73.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• DistributionExample7[1].pdf
    310 KB · Views: 96
you lost sat VIDEO or sat SIGNAL?
if you lost video in both rooms, that may not be the diplexer, cable setup, but the method with which you are running out of your receiver to the tv. and the channel and tv setup in the room without the receiver.
can you clarify?
if you have no video at the receiver location, make sure the tv is on channel 3 or 4 if you are using coax from the tv out on the receiver to the tv, if you are using red/white/yellow, make sure the tv is on 'video'
by changing televisions for the tv 2 location, you may need to set up the tv to receive the video (in the tv menu it needs to be set to antenna or cable depending on whether the receiver outputs tv2 on 60 or 73).
in the media center the in/out connection on the diplexer must lead to the room where you now have the receiver, and you must have the other diplexer in that room, correctly hooked up to the back of the receiver. the vhf line from the media center must lead to the room where you do not have the receiver, and the tv must be set up to receive the proper air or cable signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts