722 is recording everything in my lists, not just new stuff.

vaylon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
virginia
Hey guys.
My 722 has been acting up since the new software downloaded a couple of weeks ago.
Instead of just recording only new shows, its recording all shows. I checked to see if "new" was checked and I also did a hard reset. But so far no luck.
Only thing I can do right now is to go through each night and skip all the programs in the guide that its going to record.

You may need to delete then replace the timers and see if that works. Is your guide fully populated?

Hey guys.
My 722 has been acting up since the new software downloaded a couple of weeks ago.
Instead of just recording only new shows, its recording all shows. I checked to see if "new" was checked and I also did a hard reset. But so far no luck.
Only thing I can do right now is to go through each night and skip all the programs in the guide that its going to record.

I'm pretty sure this happen to me to just about a week ago, right after the software update. It seem that new timers I made recorded every showing of the program, not just "New" programs. I think I had to delete and redo certain timers also, and that seem to correct the problem. I have a 722k.

Ghpr13:)

Thanks guys I'll give the deletes a try but it may not help much. I think something else is going on now because last night I found out I can't pause live TV anymore. Push pause and it just freezez for a couple of seconds and switches to live TV. Skipping backwards also doesn't work. It will go back and play for a few seconds and then switch to live TV.

look at the edisode numbers i bet they are 0x0. not sure why they are coming up like that but i bet anything that's what is causing the recording troubles

what SW version are you on?

vaylon,

Deleting the timers and setting up new ones should take care of the recording issue for you. As far as not being able to pause, skip forward or backwards, you said you did a hard reset - how long did you leave the receiver unplugged before plugging back in? When you attempt to use any of the DVR functions, are you getting any error messages (311 or 024)? Please let me know. Thanks.

Deleting the timers seems to have helped with some of the recordings. But two shows continue to want to record all. Teen wolf and southpark.
Whats odd about it is that when I look at the weekly timers it only has them recoding one or two shows. But as soon as a show records it then puts a recording timer on the next show. As if it doesn't know that it just recorded the show. If you skip the recording, then the next showing gets scheduled for recording.
Its the L685 update.
The first hard reset was done with it being unplugged for 10 minutes. The next one was for about 30 minutes and the next one was unplugged overnight.

So far I have had no error codes at all. The only other odd behavior is that since the update my remote control actions seem to take a while to register on the receiver. If I press the guide button on the remote, sometimes it takes up to 15 seconds for the guide to show up on the screen. But power off and the record buttons work as normal. ( first thing I did was put new batteries in the remote)

I have no clue whats going on.

It's good ol Tribune Company guide errors. My 922 does this all the time on some shows. Episode numbers show up as zero in the guide info. The receivers use that info to determine whether it is a new episode. The receivers must be programed to go ahead and record an episode if it can't determine whether it is new from the guide info as a safety measure. Also new episodes are usually tagged "new" in the info, but not always. It's a crap shoot at best.

The only solution I found for these kind of timers that want to record copies of the same show: Set the timer up as weekly instead of new episodes. I have to do this on several channels like Comedy central , MTV, even news shows on MSNBC etc. Never happens on local channels or ota channels.

In my experience, I have never had a problem with Comedy Central shows as long as I set the timers to the ORIGINAL airing time, as opposed to two hours later or whenever.

In my experience, I have never had a problem with Comedy Central shows as long as I set the timers to the ORIGINAL airing time, as opposed to two hours later or whenever.
Also good advice. This works for some of the networks.
I usually resort to recording weekly, the worst that happens is a rerun, but at least is is one, not seven as MikeD-C05 posted.

It's good ol Tribune Company guide errors.
I think that sometimes the guide receives a 'place holder', generic description for an episode (ie. something like "Pawn Stars: Three generations run a family owned pawn store in Las Vegas") that later receives a more accurate update ("Pawn Stars: Rick buys a Civil War saddle. Chumley gets fat. New".

Many a time I have seen these "all day marathons" set up to be recorded in my upcoming 'Scheduled Recordings' only to see them drop off as the day approaches.

I used to panic and painstakingly delete all those 'wrong' timers. Now I just wait it out and, nine times out of ten, it corrects itself.

just an update.
Deleting the timers of problem shows and then putting them in later seems to have helped a little. At least its not recording everything.
and I found out that my pause does work on recorded programing, just not on live TV.

just an update.
Deleting the timers of problem shows and then putting them in later seems to have helped a little. At least its not recording everything.
and I found out that my pause does work on recorded programing, just not on live TV.

If you have done a power reboot at least two times, you have a bad receiver.

The problem I have is that most original recordings for these shows like Comedy Central, or Msnbc etc , conflict with my ota and local network shows . So I have to record at a later time to insure that I don't get conflicts. This is why I resort to weekly timers instead of new on most of these cable channels

The problem I have is that most original recordings for these shows like Comedy Central, or Msnbc etc , conflict with my ota and local network shows . So I have to record at a later time to insure that I don't get conflicts. This is why I resort to weekly timers instead of new on most of these cable channels

Same here.
Ghpr13:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)