722 loses "My Rental" movie recording when & 722 is powered down completely.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bentonwh

Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
I got a 722k three weeks ago and I started to lose movies I downloaded from dish platinum. I discovered that if powered down my 722k the listing in My Rentals would go away and I could no longer access them. I also discovered that if I look at my recording from the Dish online site it still shows those movies downloaded to 722K listed as on the receiver. Has any one else seen this problem. I did not observe this problem when I had a 622.

The only things I've ever "lost" were things that expired. Were they paid for or freebies? If you give a list of them others can try downloading and replicate the "unplug" etc..

Also what firmware version is your 722k on? hit menu twice - current is L685 / L686 .. there's been no major items noticed in 686... 685 however changed a bunch of menus and some additional frustration on the passwords for users with Sling Adapters ...

They were freebies good for 30 days. Ticking Clock, Spartacus: Blood and Sand: Ep 103, Dead calling A, Please Give, Nothing but the truth, not a complete list. I don't have the firmware version right now, I will post later today. The problem is very consistent, download movie, remove power, movie is gone. The reason I have removed power is really bad lightning storms.

Dish Rep says 722K erases IVOD movies after midnight of the day it was recorded. That this is a know problem. So if I want to watch a downloaded movie I have to watch it the same day!

This was added to our known issue list recently. The nightly updates or resetting the receiver will cause IP VOD's to disappear from "My Rentals". The final resolution will require a software fix

Matt any idea when the software fix will be available. It's really annoying when you have four or five recordings and the next day their gone.

you should follow that with a "my dulcet darling" :) or maybe a "When are we going? REAL ..." (quotables from Princesbride & Buckaroo Banzai)
Just be glad I didn't break out into song: Tomorrow. Tomorrow; Tomorrow. See what you did now made me do it. Now I have to go clam down the neighbors and promise I won't do it again for a long time.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)