722 loses signal way too often.

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
My 722 (3 years old) loses it's signal and I get the message to unlpug for 10 seconds and reboot it. Now this always works and I can still watch OTA but this happens way too often (every 2 weeks or so) and naturally right at the worst possible moment. I have no obstructions and the wiring connections are tight. Does anybody else have this problem? I haven't called to have it checked but that may be my only option.

inazsully said:
My 722 (3 years old) loses it's signal and I get the message to unlpug for 10 seconds and reboot it. Now this always works and I can still watch OTA but this happens way too often (every 2 weeks or so) and naturally right at the worst possible moment. I have no obstructions and the wiring connections are tight. Does anybody else have this problem? I haven't called to have it checked but that may be my only option.

Dish tech here, check your signal strength. Should be over 60 on transponder 19 Sat 119. (Menu,6,1,1)

Are you getting the Partial or Complete Signal Loss screen? If so, try this when you get the screen. Press Guide then Cancel. See if that brings the picture back. If it does, try rewind back and see if you really lost the signal. If this is the case, join the boat. This started happening after a software update earlier this year. Several threads about it.

Speaking of OTA... Are any of your OTA channels weak? I've read, and witnessed myself, that if you tune into a weak OTA station, then switch to a sat station, every time the OTA channel loses signal the sat will get "partial signal loss." Switching to an OTA station that doesn't go out then back to sat fixes that.

Mine would do the same thing. I'd be watching my 722 downstairs and my wife would be watching the 211 upstairs, my picture would go out and hers would be fine. It would do it all the time. I just had me receiver replaced and it seems better, so far.

Dish tech here, check your signal strength. Should be over 60 on transponder 19 Sat 119. (Menu,6,1,1)
Why would a Dish tech ask me to check signal strength, which I did, and still not have responded after 6 days? So UTMTech, do you have any suggestions that I can try or would you consider the problem to be beyond a simple fix? Have you seen this problem before? If I call Dish and explain the problem will they send out a tech or will they recognize the symptoms as terminal and just send a replacement DVR? Thank you for any advice.

UTMTech probably had to go do real work and didn't return here (yet) to say anything. IMHO your signal strengths look fine. I think you are looking at a receiver firmware problem, and disk repeaking or receiver replacement is not going to fix it.