722 losing OTA Channels

Islandguy43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Grand Island, NY
Has anyone else had this type of problem, with their 722.

About a 3 weeks ago, I lost one local channel and its sub channel. I didn't think it was a problem with the receiver. Just thought maybe the channel was having issues.

Now this reciever has lost the PBS local and its 3 three sub channels. When you tune to the channel you get a 90-100% signal strength but nothing but a black picture screen and then over to a dish screen telling me signal was lost etc.

Now I know I should have no problem getting the PBS channel, because I can see the its tower from my backyard.

I am reluctant to call Tech support, because they will most likely want to swap out the receiver and I will lose some recordings I have.

Anyone else have this problem and if so, what fix did they use?

With OTA signals, too stong of signal produces similar reception loss as too low of signal. Put an attenuator in the line to cut down the signal. Or, if you have easy access to the antenna, try turning it a slightly different direction to cut some of the signal.

With OTA signals, too stong of signal produces similar reception loss as too low of signal. Put an attenuator in the line to cut down the signal. Or, if you have easy access to the antenna, try turning it a slightly different direction to cut some of the signal.

Thanks for the info; however the receiver and my antenna have been working fine. I received all these channels for the past 6-8 months and now all of sudden they are gone.

I think I am gonna wipe out all my locals and rescan and see if that brings them up.

I'm sure you are in a flat area, the other thing that will effect your signal is trees, which the new leaves (which you probably didn't have 6-8mnths ago) are now coming out. If you are using rabbit ears or similar, you may to experiment with different antennas.

You should also be picking up some of the Canadian stations too.....

Have you ran the coax directly to the tv and scanned. If you get the same on the tv, then most likely its the channel.

Also, try and check you local HDTV area on AVS forum.

Has anyone else had this type of problem, with their 722.

About a 3 weeks ago, I lost one local channel and its sub channel. I didn't think it was a problem with the receiver. Just thought maybe the channel was having issues.

Now this reciever has lost the PBS local and its 3 three sub channels. When you tune to the channel you get a 90-100% signal strength but nothing but a black picture screen and then over to a dish screen telling me signal was lost etc.

Now I know I should have no problem getting the PBS channel, because I can see the its tower from my backyard.

I am reluctant to call Tech support, because they will most likely want to swap out the receiver and I will lose some recordings I have.

Anyone else have this problem and if so, what fix did they use?

I am having the same exact issues starting today. Try a NVRAM reset and rescan the locals. It got my stuff back. A front panel reset only didn't help.

Yes, I have had the same problem twice with my less-than-a-week-old 722. I have had to rescan the digitals each time to get them back. I do not have that problem with my 622. Both receivers are connected to the same attic antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)