722 low hd audio

nothing0

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Evansville, IN
i tried a couple of searches but couldn't find this exact problem. im on my second 722 with the same problem. my hd channels have much lower audio. normal audio on an hd channel is around 50 on my tv- sd on the other hand normal is around 10. the first 722 had software 449 at first then updated to 511. this one has 511. is it possible i had two bad 722's or am i missing something?
thanks for any ideas

i tried a couple of searches but couldn't find this exact problem. im on my second 722 with the same problem. my hd channels have much lower audio. normal audio on an hd channel is around 50 on my tv- sd on the other hand normal is around 10. the first 722 had software 449 at first then updated to 511. this one has 511. is it possible i had two bad 722's or am i missing something?
thanks for any ideas

Not sure about the range you mentioned with your TV, but Dolby Digital, used with HD channels, is 6DB lower by specification. This allows for lower lows and higher highs.

This is normal. The Dolby Digital audio on the HD channels is always lower than the audio on the SD channels. This allows for more dynamic range.

Yup, normal. You did not need to replace your first one at all. You would notice the same thing if you had OTA going through your TV, tune to a digital station and then change to it's analog counterpart.

Last edited:
ok in the system setup> dolby digital> i changed it to 'pcm only' and that fixed the problem. what does pcm stand for?
(im not using a surround sound system so i just wanted the same audio on all the stations)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)