722 No Video

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tsheley

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
Hello,

I just got a 722 installed with the HD Absolute Package and have a question. A couple of times over the last two days when selecting a program in the guide I get sound but no picture. If I change channels it is the same thing. I can see all of the guide overlays and menus just no video. Now if I go into my DVR and play a recording a picture comes up. Then I can go back to live TV and the picture is there.

Any ideas on what the problem is? When this happens it the 722 is hooked up via HDMI. I thought maybe it was that so I just switched to Component this morning to see if it happens again.

I suppose that you performed a soft/hard reset? Usually when banner is shown, then no video/audio, one of the above will clear problem. The question ....you can restore video by method you stated???? The reset tricks usually don't solve the exact problem you describ....but won't hurt to try.

Yep. I held down the Reset button and that fixed the problem. Also like I said above if I play a program that I recorded the video comes back. I am assuming it is a software issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)