722 not recording after hooking up EHD???

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
Maybe it's not related but I connected & activated a Western Digital HD a few days ago and now my 722 is not recording timers set or recording even if I attempt to record while viewing a program. Example: I have timers set to record the news every evening and its been doing that for some time, no problem. Tonight it did not record it and it does show up there in the schedule every night. Then I had a timer set to record Dateline tonight at 9:00. At 9:02 I notice it's not recording anything. I tried to get it to start recording as I watched it. It acted like it accepted the command to record, asked which tuner,etc. but it did not record. Funny thing is when I tried to delete the timer it said doing so would stop the recording---but it WASN'T recording. I was able to get Dateline recording by using the OTA channel but any other channel I tried to record from wouldn't. Hope that makes some kinda sense......
I'll try rebooting after Dateline is over & hopefully that'll take care of it.:confused: Probably just a coincidence that this happened shortly after using the EHD (I hope) but I've never had a problem with this receiver since I got it a couple of years ago. I have downloaded a ton of stuff to the EHD and everything seemed to be working flawlessly with it. Stay tuned...........

Ed

Ed

UPDATE: Looks like a reboot took care of the problem. After rebooting I set a timer for 10:30-11:00--this was at about 10:20. Timer fired on time and recorded. Have started recordings on both tuners numerous times on several different channels and everything worked as it should. Hopefully things are back to normal. I've got 3 timers set for later tonight, we'll see.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts