722 not starting up always - ideas?

HotLZ

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
Had two new 722's for about a month now. One of them has done something strange twice lately. After shutting it down with my remote, where I shut the TV and 722 tuner off, I come back an hour or two or whatever later, and it won't start up. My TV turns on, and the 722 box makes some loud fan noises, and the TV just shows a blue screen. I got it working by holding in the reset button, and then it refinds the sats and does some other stuff and it takes about 5 min or so, and then comes back online.

I've read about a similar issue when the 722 has been on and possibly overheating, but that shouldn't be the case with me, because it happens after being off for an extended period of time. Previous to being shut off, it has been totally fine.

It's done it twice now in the last couple of days. Any ideas??? Should I have the box replaced? Thx.

Had two new 722's for about a month now. One of them has done something strange twice lately. After shutting it down with my remote, where I shut the TV and 722 tuner off, I come back an hour or two or whatever later, and it won't start up. My TV turns on, and the 722 box makes some loud fan noises, and the TV just shows a blue screen. I got it working by holding in the reset button, and then it refinds the sats and does some other stuff and it takes about 5 min or so, and then comes back online.

I've read about a similar issue when the 722 has been on and possibly overheating, but that shouldn't be the case with me, because it happens after being off for an extended period of time. Previous to being shut off, it has been totally fine.

It's done it twice now in the last couple of days. Any ideas??? Should I have the box replaced? Thx.

I believe you and I may have the same issue. On ours, when my parents try to turn the 722 on in their bedroom (Tuner2) it does NOT respond. When they push the power button on the front (I believe it may be holding it) the TV's will find the satellite and it will then work fine. This seems to happen most to them in the morning.

I got up early one day to call and after pushing the power button on the remote, I then called. During the 5 minutes or so I was on hold, the machine finally came on. I did NOT push the front panel button as I wanted to be able to walk through it with Tech Support. It started working, so I hung up, but it is still an issue everyday, so I think I will try calling again.

As for it being heat related, I agree that it doesn't appear to be heat related as mine only does it in the morning. Once Tuner1 is on, Tuner2 acts correctly.

If I hear anything, I will let you know,
Geoff

Have you done a hard reboot of the receiver - unplug, wait 2 minutes, reconnect.

622/722 is never really off, just in stand by and it uses just as much energy in either mode. Check your temps - Menu 6,3, counters and page down 7 times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)