722 OTA with square shooter

nothing0

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 4, 2008
Evansville, IN
I'm getting a solid 70-74 signal with my fox channel, but I keep getting the 'error 739' lost over the air signal message. Is there a way to disable the error? I've always had trouble with this station through the dish tuner. I've had 2 722's and 2 622's so I know dish has a weak tuner, but it would be fine if it wasn't for that yellow box.

The channel works just fine through the TV tuner.

I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks.

The square shooter is not the best for reception. You would be ahead to address the problem at the source and get a "stronger" antenna.

It seems to be a multi path issue. I'm only ten miles from the transmitter. The signal is fine at 74 then drops to 0. Again- it works fine on the tv.

What antenna would you suggest it I don't get this one working?

As directional as possible to reject the multiple signals being reflected into the antenna causing the "multipath". Possibly something like a Zenith Silver Sensor indoor antenna would work at 10 mi.

what channel

It seems to be a multi path issue. I'm only ten miles from the transmitter. The signal is fine at 74 then drops to 0. Again- it works fine on the tv.

What antenna would you suggest it I don't get this one working?

Depends on the chs you need. I have sq shooter in the garage because it is a POS.

As directional as possible to reject the multiple signals being reflected into the antenna causing the "multipath". Possibly something like a Zenith Silver Sensor indoor antenna would work at 10 mi.

I have the terk that looks like that. It has the same issue. Do you think the Zenith is better?

This is from antennaweb. I'm trying to get Fox and CBS. I can pick up CBS with 100% signal.

* yellow
uhf WTVW-DT 28.1 FOX EVANSVILLE, IN 85° 10.7 28
* yellow
uhf WFIE-DT 14.1 NBC EVANSVILLE, IN 168° 8.3 46
* red
vhf WEHT-DT 25.1 ABC EVANSVILLE, IN 187° 9.6 7
* red
uhf WEVV-DT 44.1 CBS EVANSVILLE, IN 178° 8.0 45

Wide Angle

This is from antennaweb. I'm trying to get Fox and CBS. I can pick up CBS with 100% signal.

* yellow
uhf WTVW-DT 28.1 FOX EVANSVILLE, IN 85° 10.7 28
* yellow
uhf WFIE-DT 14.1 NBC EVANSVILLE, IN 168° 8.3 46
* red
vhf WEHT-DT 25.1 ABC EVANSVILLE, IN 187° 9.6 7
* red
uhf WEVV-DT 44.1 CBS EVANSVILLE, IN 178° 8.0 45

This might work it is Channel Master's basically omni OTA ant. If link doesn't work the name of the ant is CM-3000A. Too bad the E* unit doesn't have the smart antenna control in it that talks to the CM-3000A. Channel Master One of your big problems is the fact that your stations are in 100 degree angle around you. Antenna Craft builds an omni as well Antennacraft 5MS921 Omnidirectional Antenna. But if multipath is an issue usually a directional is indicated. Which would mean that you need a dealer that knows how to combine 2 antennas. 1 for the signal for Fox and the other for the other 3. Not as easy as just combining them with simple combiner since there would still be multipath problems.

Maybe

It is correct to assume its a multipath issue because the way the signal goes from 74 to 0 right?

See with what you are showing of your locals it may or may not be. I had to replace a square shooter because it just doesn't work well in combo with a 622 tuner. but there have been s/w updates that have fixed a lot of the problems w/ multipath in those tuners. You have a case where you have a very wide spread set of locals so the loss of signal could be due to the signal is coming in at 100 degrees off to the side and may be going in & out due to the ant just can't pick up on the "side lobe". Rat Shack carries both the antennacraft (I mentioned) and a Winegard omni ant.Winegard® MetroStar® Omnidirectional Antenna - RadioShack.com Check your local stores to see if they have either. Then if it helps you're in good shape if not return it and then you know it is time to contact a local dealer for you problem.

Ok I will try another antenna.
FWIW I have the antenna pointed directly at fox and still have the issues. I can also pick up the other stations fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)