722 overheating?

drdish1993

Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
Hello All,
I am having what as I suspect to be overheating issues with my 722. I really do not understand why would overheat. It is out in the open in an open cabinet under my TV. Fully open in the front, sides and back. What I experience is either loss of picture but still have sound, or have picture but no sound. I am currently using a HDMI cable, but had the same issue with using a component cable to feed my 52" Sony LCD TV. After resetting the 722, and pointing a fan directly on the 722 it will work fine. I only hear the cooling fan while resetting, and not when it acts up. Anyone else run across this problem? It seemed to start after I started using the digital local tuner inside the 722, but have since stopped using this feature and have deleted those stations from the guide. I read a thread on how to check the temp of the processor in the 722 and it read 113'. That didn't seem all that bad, but also thought if it was getting too hot the fan should turn on. Bad cooling fan temp sensor? Any ideas?

Thanks-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)