722 Picture skipping- Local HD only!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Murph74

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
Hey all-- got a strange one here that I can't find anything on by searching the past few days.

I've got a VIP722 in single mode. Everything almost works as expected-- the exception appears to be my locals in HD-- but only on tuner 2. The SD locals work fine no matter what, as do the OTA. I can pinpoint the tuner as the issue by going to the PIP side by side, and the same channel (local HD), one will skip and freeze and hack and cough, while the other is flawless. This is not intermittent, it's recreatable at any time.

I have (2) 722's-- the other in Dual mode-- and it's only on this one tuner of the 4 tuners between the 2 receivers. The Dual mode 722 has directly connected dual coax connections to the dp444 switch, the single mode tuner is using the single drop splitter behind the receiver. Any one seen anything similar to this problem?

Murph

Hey all-- got a strange one here that I can't find anything on by searching the past few days.

I've got a VIP722 in single mode. Everything almost works as expected-- the exception appears to be my locals in HD-- but only on tuner 2. The SD locals work fine no matter what, as do the OTA. I can pinpoint the tuner as the issue by going to the PIP side by side, and the same channel (local HD), one will skip and freeze and hack and cough, while the other is flawless. This is not intermittent, it's re creatable at any time.

I have (2) 722's-- the other in Dual mode-- and it's only on this one tuner of the 4 tuners between the 2 receivers. The Dual mode 722 has directly connected dual coax connections to the dp444 switch, the single mode tuner is using the single drop splitter behind the receiver. Any one seen anything similar to this problem?

Murph
There's the problem.

Get another "single drop splitter" (called a DP Separator by Dish....around $6 bucks if you have to buy it) and add it behind the other 722.

The DPP44 does not like to mix & match.

Will try that this weekend! I didn't get a second Seperator from my install, but think my brother had one in the box with his last upgrade. Will check back and let you know.

Was very odd that it was only one tuner at issue, and only on local channels tho! Hope you're right! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)