722 Pixelation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mikfort51

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 29, 2003
Grain Valley, Missouri
A few weeks ago I received a replacement 722. My original unit would continually restart so Dish sent me a replacement unit. The new 722 has horrible pixelation when viewing or recording OTA channels. The signal strength on the OTA signal is 89-93. I did a chat with a Dish technical rep and we went through all the troubleshooting that was obviously on the list in front of her. Most of the remedies were about checking the satellite dish for obstructions and restarts of the 722, nothing really about the OTA antenna or module. After going through all the troubleshooting she said there was no remedy and she would turn it over to a higher technical team for a solution. That was almost 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard back from them.
It seems to me the refurbed 722 was probably originally returned for pixelation on the OTA module and was not repaired. I asked if I could be sent another replacement 722 and was told to wait for the technical team to resolve my issue.
Has anyone else had trouble getting a serviceable replacement receiver?

Not me. I got two replacement 612's and a replacement for my owned 722, and all have been golden. This was about year ago. The old 612's both developed sat tuner problems, while the 722 was having authentication problems.

Dish has bad picture quality. I bitched about it a year ago and dish would not do anything, I am finally sick of it. Going to try out DirecTV.

A few weeks ago I received a replacement 722. My original unit would continually restart so Dish sent me a replacement unit. The new 722 has horrible pixelation when viewing or recording OTA channels. The signal strength on the OTA signal is 89-93. I did a chat with a Dish technical rep and we went through all the troubleshooting that was obviously on the list in front of her. Most of the remedies were about checking the satellite dish for obstructions and restarts of the 722, nothing really about the OTA antenna or module. After going through all the troubleshooting she said there was no remedy and she would turn it over to a higher technical team for a solution. That was almost 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard back from them.
It seems to me the refurbed 722 was probably originally returned for pixelation on the OTA module and was not repaired. I asked if I could be sent another replacement 722 and was told to wait for the technical team to resolve my issue.
It seems to be the signal you are getting from the OTA do you have any pixelated picture on the live tv?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)