722 placed on its side okay??

goldengoose

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
We just dished it up to a 722
the installer place it on its side

Will it operate safely if left in this position? Wondering if it would hurt any of the drives or other internal equipment?

If you need it on its side, make a "platform" for it first. that way the bottom would be raised a little for venting. Maybe something like this? I don't know.

Yea, I'd be worried about the airflow.

My 622 gets much hotter on the left side (I assume the 722 does too). Probably closer to the HDD. If you stand it on the left side you might be tending to get components hotter then the should be.

Aren't there vents on the sides of the box ?

I'll check the vent holes and also if we need to keep it there will check on those playstation stands.

I think we can change it. It is on its left side right now-- so thanks again.

If I remember some earlier threads, the output vents are on the left side and input on the right. I would be very concerned about a 622/722 on its side. I had heat issues with a horizontal placement with the left side too close to the cabinet wall. I slid the unit 2" to the right and my temp dropped 7 degrees.

I had put my Dish 6000 on its side at one point in time. It didn't take long before it really started to act flakey. Menu lock ups, channel change problems, etc...

Once I returned it to its normal position, all of the problems went away. So keep that in mind if you start to see anomalies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)