722 Problem with EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FranKy400

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
Whenever I go to my media the receiver is shutting down on its own and going through a reset. It is a wd drive and I've not had problems with it before. I had the 722 hd start acting up earlier this year and dish replaced it with another 722 but I've never had trouble with the external drive. Is it my receiver again or is there a problem with the EHD. Thanks in advance for any help /advice.

I would unplug from power both the EHD and receiver for a few minutes and then plug them back in to see if that corrects the problem.

I have unplugged both devices to no avail. Also detacheched and reattached the EHD cables. I decided to try to access it on Dish2 and was able to get the shows on the EHD to come up in a list. But as I was scrolling down the page the receiver reset again. I went back and tried that again on Dish2 but it just keeps acting like Dish1 and resetting.

I have also switched-out the usb cable and moved the connection from the rear usb port to the one of the front. Was able to get into my media and selected a show but when I pressed the play button it froze up again and went into a self restart.

Process of elimination would be to hook up another EHD and see what happens (if possible). If the same symptoms occur, then there is a problem with the receiver.

FranKy400,
How many events do you have recorded on the EHD. There is a known issue with the 722k receiver rebooting when trying to access the EHD. There is a limitation of 1000 files allowed on the EHD. We are working on a software fix to correct this problem. Please let me know how many events you have or if you have determined it is an issue with the EHD or the receiver. Thanks.

Does the limit of 1000 files/shows apply as well to the 722 or other receivers?

With the price point of 3TB drives reaching that for 2TB, will Dish be supporting them, soon or ever?

BTW, I have 5 .75TB, 3 1TB, 1 1.5TB, and 2 2TB. I could buy a 3TB for 1/2 or less the price of the first .75TB.

-Ken

What is the maximum TB that is supported now and I am also guessing that this is a single platter EHD? I have a 750 G WD I have been using for several years and when I got it I was told by DISH that was the max supported.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts