722 questions

Jeff lost in cable

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
Dish upgraded my Sat. box to 722 last week.
a few questions for you as I hate to call them.:mad:

Thought you can record 3 programs at same time?

Switching between channels is slow compared to our old box 622 is this normal?

The ota local channel program will not allow adding a channel for tunning in a far away channel?

Jeff

You have to be able to receive the channel, if I am reading your question right. If it did not pick it up when you scanned for channels, you are too far away and/or need a more powerful antenna.

The ViP722 is essentially a ViP622 with a bigger hard drive. Most parameters should be the same. That being said, there seems to be quite a bit of variation in the performance of OTA tuning modules from one receiver to the next.

If they added any televisions to the distribution setup (TV2), you may be experiencing some OTA signal loss.

You have to be able to receive the channel, if I am reading your question right. If it did not pick it up when you scanned for channels, you are too far away and/or need a more powerful antenna.

Yes, didn't pickup on scan. so I can't use the meter for locating the signal.
Then I have to move the antenna then recheck the scan. Wow very time consuming.
Thanks
Jeff

The ViP722 is essentially a ViP622 with a bigger hard drive. Most parameters should be the same. That being said, there seems to be quite a bit of variation in the performance of OTA tuning modules from one receiver to the next.

If they added any televisions to the distribution setup (TV2), you may be experiencing some OTA signal loss.

It's when I change channels the screen will go black for about 5 seconds or so. I didn't see this with the other box.

It's when I change channels the screen will go black for about 5 seconds or so. I didn't see this with the other box.

I have two 622's and have the black screen for a couple of seconds (don't know if it 5 seconds long), I was informed this is due to the buffer for the dvr. If you don't want the black screen, get a non-dvr and record programs from another source.

I have two 622's and have the black screen for a couple of seconds (don't know if it 5 seconds long), I was informed this is due to the buffer for the dvr. If you don't want the black screen, get a non-dvr and record programs from another source.

It’s definitely longer than the 622.
The 622 didn’t bother me when flipping between channels.

Jeff

722 and 622 are a lot differnet more than just Hard Drive, and yes the 722 is a little slower to respond to remote commands. Hopefuly next software will fix the issue. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts