• HD Essential ($10)

Votes: 59 19.4%
  • HD Ultimate ($20)

Votes: 206 67.8%
  • HD only Pack ($29.99)

Votes: 37 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm keeping my original HD package for $20 a month. I guess that now equates to the Ultimate. I went around and asked my wife and my 2 boys if they watch any of the channels in the Voom group and my boys actually watch a couple of them. So I'll keep it.

BUT.... I'm charging them EACH $10 a month... heheheh

Same here. Keeping my $20.00 pac. I watch some of the vooms every now and then , plus hd net some times. For now, the extra $10.00 per month isnt killing me.:)

I will make the switch to the hd only next week. I still need to record 5 more episodes of "Cheers" before I make the switch:)

I dropped to essentials .. was time to cut back on my $100+ tv bill and this helped me bring it down to under $85 .. so I'm ready to feed whatever Charlie's equivalent of the pig is for the next few years.

:)

Dropped HBO

Got the Cinemax $.1 cent..............They end up showing what is on HBO anyway..................Downgraded to A 200 from A 250............dont watch encore/tmc.................Added the Sports pak............Need to know what the other teams in the National League Central are talking about as we get closer to spring training.................And yes, will once again subscribe to the MLB on the internet..........watched a lot last year....................picture has really improved over the years................

Got the Cinemax $.1 cent..............They end up showing what is on HBO anyway..................Downgraded to A 200 from A 250............dont watch encore/tmc.................Added the Sports pak............Need to know what the other teams in the National League Central are talking about as we get closer to spring training.................And yes, will once again subscribe to the MLB on the internet..........watched a lot last year....................picture has really improved over the years................
What exactly does this have to do with HD packs?

I just switched to the $29.99 dishHD (only) package with locals via chat. All up $40.97 + taxes. It's nice to know my monthly Dish bill in 2008 will not be higher than my average monthly electric bill last year :)

I applaud Dish for realizing that many of the folks who have invested in HD equipment don't see HD as an "add on" to SD anymore. This new dishHD (only) package allows us to get all of the Dish HD content without the burden of the SD baggage.

FWIW my contract ran out in January. I was ready to switch to D* to get my locals in HD when E* announced this HD only package at the CES. I'm glad I held off :) D* is still stuck in the "HD is an add on" business model. So getting ANY HD w/ DVR capability costs a lot more with D*.

Talon Dancer

I would make the switch to HD only except for a couple of factors that Dish marketeers are well aware of. 1) I still have a SD TV in the house and don't want to replace it yet. 2) Even on the HD sets, I am still forced to watch a SD channel every once in a while to get a big game or see content not available on an HD channel (ballgames on ESPNU are first that come to mind).

I would make the switch to HD only except for a couple of factors that Dish marketeers are well aware of. 1) I still have a SD TV in the house and don't want to replace it yet. 2) Even on the HD sets, I am still forced to watch a SD channel every once in a while to get a big game or see content not available on an HD channel (ballgames on ESPNU are first that come to mind).
"HD Only" is a misnomer for the $29.99 dishHD package that is quite misleading.

Besides the HD channels shown on the Dish web site you get...
* all the SD equivalents of the HD channels (even HGTV & Food that have different content)
* your SD locals when the HD isn't available from Dish (if you sub locals)
* the SD Public Interest channels
* the SD shopping channels
* SD free previews

You can still watch the SD stuff on TV1 or TV2 (e.g. on a 622).

IOW it is simply NOT "HD Only". It is more like "HD Mainly" but with a lot of SD thrown in :)

Talon Dancer

722 questions

"Moving" mess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)