722 Receiver LOCKS UP When Trying to Access Dish Online

Race

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
I recently received a 722. It has the L448 software downloaded. Yesterday, I connected an Ethernet cable to it on my network. I verified it is grabbing a DHCP address. I then go to the "Dish Online" button and the receiver menu and software completely freezes. The video from the channel is still playing in the small window, but the rest of the receiver is completely locked up.

Tried resetting the receiver several times and trying again. Locks up each time. I finally unplugged the Ethernet cable and gave up.

On another note, I was disappointed to click on the "Dish On-demand" and find there were only three items there. A friend has Comcast and has hundreds of shows and movies he can access, so I was hoping for something more than three with this.

Anyone else have this lockup problem? Dish tech support said they've heard about this recently, but don't have a fix.

Thanks.

Try letting it sit there awhile. Could ne the server is down and not responding. It will time out and come back if this is the problem.

i have the VIP 622 and it has the same software version and i have connected it to my network with my Ethernet cable as well and verified the network as well by doing all the tests then tried accessing the Dish Online as well and my 622 freezes too

i have the VIP 622 and it has the same software version and i have connected it to my network with my Ethernet cable as well and verified the network as well by doing all the tests then tried accessing the Dish Online as well and my 622 freezes too

I am having exactly the same experience. I have the L448 software on my 622. When I do the connection diagnostic it will say broadband okay half the time and broadband failure half the time. When it says broadband okay and I select Dish Online, it locks up the 622 and then eventually resets. :(

On another note, I didn't realize that all it does is give me access to pay-per-view movies. I was hoping for actual on demand programming...or better yet, slingbox-like capabilities to view items on my DVR from the internet.

I think I am going to take this homeplug equipment back to the store for a refund.

When I spoke to Dish tech support, they said this has been happening since the last software update.

My 722 did it with ver. 447

As did mine. Not consistently, but once in awhile.

Race: As for your disappointment regarding the lack of On-Demand TV offerings, three is about average. Once in awhile, there will actually be as many as 4! I'll leave the "how and why" to the people that know, but I think it's safe to say that it's not likely you'll be sitting back browsing through the last season's "Sopranos" episodes. I was disappointed as well.:(

I know this was a 722 thread but i have 2 622's both using the same wireless network devices and setup and internet connection, 1 works fine and one freezes. They are also both on L448.
It doesnt seem to be purely software release related nor is it due to the web site as within minutes of trying each one worked one didnt.
Only things that are different are on the one that doesnt work is:
Has an external HDD attached
is using an HDMI cable, versus component.

Something odd - I noticed a couple of weeks or so ago, that there was a movie on PPV and the same on Dish-on-Demand. Now, why would someone want to temporarily "rent" a movie on DoD, when they could get the same one for $1 cheaper on PPV - AND - keep it on DVR???

Double your IQ or no money back...

Strange

When they first came out with Dish Online we hooked up an ethernet cable and checked it out on our 722. Worked fine. Finally got around to running a cable to our 722 and 622. Both hang when we try Dish Online. Yup - we have L448.

Same here, got a 722 installed yesterday, the tech didn't know anything about the broadband functions. I connected it up and when I select Dish Online it locks up.

Regards,
JJD

I had the same problem with my 622, It got the address ok but it would hang anytime I accessed dishONLINE, tried many times with same result, then I let it sit hooked up for about an hour without trying to use it and lo and behold it works fine now and has for several days, I don't have any idea why unless it just needs time for the first connect.

hmm ok that seems like a plan i will try that when im playing the ps3 next !

Edit: well i just tried it (4:30pm PST) and it now works on the 622 it wasnt working on, i didnt have to wait or anything. so both my receivers now work om L448

Last edited:
I had the same problem with my 622, It got the address ok but it would hang anytime I accessed dishONLINE, tried many times with same result, then I let it sit hooked up for about an hour without trying to use it and lo and behold it works fine now and has for several days, I don't have any idea why unless it just needs time for the first connect.

langlin,

Interesting discovery. I'll try it on mine, too.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts