722 reciever signal problem

Wildfordchild

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2020
Providence KY
My 722 reciever shows signal strength on TV2 in mid 60s. On TV1 it's much lower. Recently, TV2 will give complete signal loss message and TV1 has audio&video. I unplug to reset. Sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't. How can the signal strength be so different? Why if TV2 is higher it gives total signal loss? I'm totally baffled

Hey Wildfordchild,
Have you checked the coax cable that runs from the back of the 722 receiver to your wall/floor to make sure the coax cable is screwed on tightly at all ports, including the back of the TV2?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hey Wildfordchild,
Have you checked the coax cable that runs from the back of the 722 receiver to your wall/floor to make sure the coax cable is screwed on tightly at all ports, including the back of the TV2?

Yes I've checked that. Even ran a new coax to make sure that wasn't the problem. This dish & lnb was near a fire a couple of years ago. Could the heat from that have damaged something and it's just now showing up?

My 722 reciever shows signal strength on TV2 in mid 60s. On TV1 it's much lower. Recently, TV2 will give complete signal loss message and TV1 has audio&video.
This dish & lnb was near a fire a couple of years ago. Could the heat from that have damaged something and it's just now showing up?
The LNB and integrated switch is a pretty sophisticated device. I would not be surprised if it became weak and could no longer switch out the signal reliably, fire or no fire, resulting in the symptoms you see.

You almost certainly have a DPP 3-LNB setup. With DP, both left and right circular polarizations are band stacked onto one cable. This allows one satellite and all its transponders to go down the cable at once and feed 1 tuner. For dual tuner receivers such as the 722, Dish invented the DPP switch which requires the LNB to switch the required satellite onto either band. This means that one tuner, either TV1 or TV2, deal with a higher-frequency band than the other. Since higher frequencies usually result in higher signal loss, that all by itself would explain the lower signal strength you see on TV1.

Things you can try:
  1. Swap the tuners being fed by the separator, and see if the symptoms follow the specific cable (band) currently being sent to TV2.
  2. Replace the separator.
  3. Replace the LNB.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts