722 recognized only 1 sat ?new software?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mclarceny

Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
I have a customer who is having a strange issue with a 722. It only recognized the sat corresponding to the LNB output on a 1000.2( i.e. port 1 only 119 or port 2 only the 110, ect..). They also have a 322 that works just fine. I swapped the LNB, still happening. Ran a test cable, still happening. Reset the it twice (unplug and holding the power button), same thing. Then I tried a unactivated 722 just to see if the check switch worked, and it did. Reconnected the cable to the first 722 and the signals now come in for all three. Anyone know what is happening?? The customer receiver has the latest software, and the unactivated receiver software version is 2 versions ago.

Did the signal that came in show up as 1 of 4 signals with the proper switch detected? (ie: 119 | X | X | X and X | 110 | X | X )? Or did the receiver just run a check switch 1 of 1 and show either 119 Feed or 110 Feed with no switch detected?

The check switch went from 1-1 then ran all of the 1-38 2-38.. Then came up no x x x with the proper switch detected

Sorry, but when I went to signal strength after the reset , it would find a signal for the the one sat

I did not replace the seperator, because I could not see how it would be good yesterday and this morning, the go out the come back to life and work fine. I guess this is the ultimate question: which part would fail in this way? In my experience, when a part fails, it fail forever. I have seen a bad seporator before and it did not exibit this behavior, not to say that it has not happened before. I am leaning towards a issue with the receiver hardware or the software(the latest release). One thing I didn't say before that the HDMI port is bad which is the main reason I RA'd the 722 today.

Happened to me Monday of this week. I was locked onto 61.5 (with a strong signal) but it wouldn't recognize the name. I would try to watch a local channel off of the 61.5 sat and it would just be blackness on the screen. 110, 119 and 129 were coming in fine with my one dish. I ran a check switch and it finally recognized 61.5. It then downloaded the guide information, so I guess there was some error during the original 2am download, but it was eventually fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)