How long to wait before I move back

zzandrewst

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
South Carolina
I just "moved" to Los Angeles so I could watch the Braves game in HD. How long should I wait before I move back to my service address? Would tomorrow morning be too early to move back?

Well, it's probably not even possible to go from South Carolina to Los Angeles, watch television, and then back to South Carolina in 11 hours, but dish network just thinks I did! All went smoothly.

honestly Dish doesn't really care. I have moved twice within a weekend. When we would take the receiver to the cabin there were a different set of locals there so we would call Dish on Saturday morning and get those locals then Sunday night move back.

Most of the time Dish would screw it up so we had both sets :)

honestly Dish doesn't really care. I have moved twice within a weekend. When we would take the receiver to the cabin there were a different set of locals there so we would call Dish on Saturday morning and get those locals then Sunday night move back.

Huh, so I guess I'm not the only one in that situation. I moved to Dallas for the weekend, came home, changed my adress back, and still have Dallas locals. It will suck when I actually do move in about a month, I hope they don't "screw up," and fix what market I'm in lol.

I just "moved" to Los Angeles so I could watch the Braves game in HD. How long should I wait before I move back to my service address? Would tomorrow morning be too early to move back?

I thought the sports blackouts took 48 hours to refresh after a "move"? you might be blacked out on your real RSN for the next couple days

I thought the sports blackouts took 48 hours to refresh after a "move"? you might be blacked out on your real RSN for the next couple days

Maybe I will be - I did notice something odd when I moved back - on my local Sports South - yesterday afternoon the guide showed that the braves were playing - but they weren't playing when the guide said they were - they didn't actually start until last night and were on ESPN. I don't know if this was a result from me moving or not - but the game was on ESPN and I was able to watch it. Many times I am blacked out of watching Braves ESPN games.

I am about to "move" to Atlanta today so that I can watch the US Open. I live in the Myrtle Beach market and we don't receive NBC at all. I will move back directly after the open - my wife gets mad when she comes home and her local stations are not on.

That's really neat that you would have both sets of locals! How long would the wrong set stay on? I wish Dish would mess me up like that!

Maybe I will be - I did notice something odd when I moved back - on my local Sports South - yesterday afternoon the guide showed that the braves were playing - but they weren't playing when the guide said they were - they didn't actually start until last night and were on ESPN. I don't know if this was a result from me moving or not - but the game was on ESPN and I was able to watch it. Many times I am blacked out of watching Braves ESPN games.

sunday night ESPN games are never blacked out, only the sunday TBS games (I think they're supposed to show an alternate game in your area) and Monday/Wednesday night ESPN games

I just moved back to Myrtle Beach area and when I did the online chat with the csr she asked me: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](05-03) Sandra B: neworks changed as well? I found this to be very odd for them to ask me this. If I am moving back aren't they required to switch my locals back?
[/FONT]

That's really neat that you would have both sets of locals! How long would the wrong set stay on? I wish Dish would mess me up like that!

I've actually heard of it happening several times. Like you, I've never been quite so lucky! :) If I were, I would have four sets of locals (counting my Atlanta and San Francisco distant networks). At one time during the football season (it was two years ago), I would move between Nashville and Cincinnati (about every two weeks) for the Titans and Bengals and kept hoping they'd just mess up and leave both on. Never happened.

I've actually heard of it happening several times. Like you, I've never been quite so lucky! :) If I were, I would have four sets of locals (counting my Atlanta and San Francisco distant networks). At one time during the football season (it was two years ago), I would move between Nashville and Cincinnati (about every two weeks) for the Titans and Bengals and kept hoping they'd just mess up and leave both on. Never happened.

I agree, this would just be awesome if they would mess up like this and I would never be blacked out during games (and receive them in hd) and also be able to receive my locals (currently in sd)!

oof da....anywhere from a week to 6 months. Back when Dish could sell distants at one time I had

-Minneapolis locals (my "home" set of locals)
-Fox from Denver & LA (Legally...the address qualified)
-NBC from Denver & Atlanta (again...legally qualified)
-Duluth, MN locals (the set for the cabin)

What was weird is I stopped doing it once I had both sets because the bill looked like crap with all the prorations and I was worried I'd lose the distants

oof da....anywhere from a week to 6 months. Back when Dish could sell distants at one time I had

-Minneapolis locals (my "home" set of locals)
-Fox from Denver & LA (Legally...the address qualified)
-NBC from Denver & Atlanta (again...legally qualified)
-Duluth, MN locals (the set for the cabin)

What was weird is I stopped doing it once I had both sets because the bill looked like crap with all the prorations and I was worried I'd lose the distants

So, is it not as likely for this to happen now as it was in the past?

When I switched back, the csr asked me if she should "switch networks". I figured that I was either going to get one or the other and not both.

i have the fox in chigago bc i wanted it when the baers were playing. it wsa the only network i had and when i came back to sioux city i never lost it. at least not yet. it may be diff if you just have one of hte networks from an area now.

I would imagine that this 'frequent moving' stuff is going to slowly dissapear as more and more locals go spotbeam. In Idaho Falls, ID I am just outside of a half dozen spotbeams and inside two (Idaho Falls and Salt Lake City). The map doesn't actually show me inside Salt Lake City's beam but I checked the signal strength before I 'moved' and it was fine.

I would imagine that this 'frequent moving' stuff is going to slowly dissapear as more and more locals go spotbeam. In Idaho Falls, ID I am just outside of a half dozen spotbeams and inside two (Idaho Falls and Salt Lake City). The map doesn't actually show me inside Salt Lake City's beam but I checked the signal strength before I 'moved' and it was fine.

I imagine that you are correct - luckily for me, I'm in the Atlanta spot beam also - the only thing that would mess me up is if they move to 61.5. If I did have a 61.5 dish, I would also be able to see Columbia's as well as Charlotte's spot beams.

i have the fox in chigago bc i wanted it when the baers were playing. it wsa the only network i had and when i came back to sioux city i never lost it. at least not yet. it may be diff if you just have one of hte networks from an area now.

Well, don't they normally add all of the networks onto your account when you "move"? You can't just specify one or two that you want can you?

Well, don't they normally add all of the networks onto your account when you "move"? You can't just specify one or two that you want can you?

I don't know if it's changed recently but a few years ago you could specify that you wanted just one network. Back when the distant networks were offered by DISH (New York and Los Angeles), I had finally decided that I wanted all of the L.A. locals and ONLY the CBS and New York from FOX. It was fine then. (Oh, and I LEGALLY had those networks, mind you. :)) Regardless, it's likely the same now but I'm not certain. You mention Charlotte -- I'm within their spot beam and it's supposed to be my real set of locals but I can't get any kind of signal. I do get the distant networks through AAD. What's weird, though, is that I can pull Cincinnati or Nashville in with ease. I'd like to be able to get them both and keep at least the CBS and FOX from one or the other. In other words, I'd like to have all of Nashville (or Cincinnati) and have at least the FOX and (or) CBS from the other (for NFL season). If I could do that, I would have a pretty good selection of games on Sunday. Right now, I ALWAYS get the Falcons, Raiders, and 49ers with my networks from San Francisco and Atlanta. Plus, I get whatever game the CBS in Atlanta will show. I'm a HUGE Bengals fan -- so maybe I should just settle with Cincinnati. But I want that CW from Nashville, too (all of the Simpsons and Andy Griffith shows). ;)

mine hapened on the internat chat. i just changed hte adress from chiccago to sioux city and they did not say nothing about takeing off the fox from chicago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)