722 remote code for Sylvania

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

frankpjr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Chicago IL
:confused: I have a new install of VIP722 and wanted to know if there is a code for a newer Sylvania HD LCD TV? I did the search way with the remote and after 2-3 minutes it started with multiple flashes when pressing up button.

All I really wanted was to use the on-off and volume buttons (and channel if possible) but since I am doing this with TV2 input (with no line of sight to VIP722) I cannot just use a universal remote. If I went through remote search and it gave flashes does that mean there is no code available for this TV? Are there any remotes compatible with the VIP722 in UHF remote mode (or TV2 of 722)?

It would be nice if the supplied remotes from Dish would be able to program them for at least the basic items! I guess that would be toooo easy or add to the cost!

It would be nice if the supplied remotes from Dish would be able to program them for at least the basic items! I guess that would be toooo easy or add to the cost!

How can a remote that may of sat in a warehouse for 6 months, work for a TV that wasn't available when it was made?:rolleyes:

Blame them for using a new remote code for their TV's:p

ALL TV manufacturers could learn something from Sony( the same code for EVERY TV):D:D

:confused: I have a new install of VIP722 and wanted to know if there is a code for a newer Sylvania HD LCD TV? I did the search way with the remote and after 2-3 minutes it started with multiple flashes when pressing up button.

All I really wanted was to use the on-off and volume buttons (and channel if possible) but since I am doing this with TV2 input (with no line of sight to VIP722) I cannot just use a universal remote. If I went through remote search and it gave flashes does that mean there is no code available for this TV? Are there any remotes compatible with the VIP722 in UHF remote mode (or TV2 of 722)?

Sylvania Tv's usually respond to code 569....Just for giggles, try that one...

it isn't Dsih's problem really. Newer tvs can indeed have differnt reponse codes. So as these new products come out, Dish has to be informed then make the appropriate changes at the manufacturing level.
I have noticed that newer Magnavox and Phillips LCD tv's do not respond to Dish remotes.

it isn't Dsih's problem really. Newer tvs can indeed have differnt reponse codes. So as these new products come out, Dish has to be informed then make the appropriate changes at the manufacturing level.
I have noticed that newer Magnavox and Phillips LCD tv's do not respond to Dish remotes.

What I was really trying to say was it would be nice if the Dish remotes were programable or learning so basic commands could be done. I understand the manufacturer of the TV is more to blame (should just use the same codes like Sony as my one remote for a Sony VCR could control VHS, 8MM and also my BetaMax VCR with flip of switch) but it would be nice from Dish end to supply a remote that could learn.

I still love the 722 I just wish there was a 1 remote solution for TV2's!

Sylvania Tv's usually respond to code 569....Just for giggles, try that one...

I tried 569 but still no go. Only strange thing is with some codes listed on Dish's site for the remote to try for Sylvania, some seem to not be in the remote. When numbers are entered and pound pressed then instead of 3 flashes of LED it just goes out and when check to see code entered with ## it lists the previous tried code instead of one just entered....what is up with that?:eek: