722 required upgrade email from Dish

offpiste

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
I have a 722.
Just received this email. Don't remember a letter.

Is this a scam letter?

Copied and pasted below.

URGENT ACTION REQUIRED
PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY TO ENSURE YOUR CONTINUED RECEPTION OF ALL HD CHANNELS AVAILABLE IN YOUR DISH NETWORK PACKAGE

Dear John,

We would like to notify you of very important information regarding your DISH Network equipment. We recently sent you a letter to advise you that, due to improvements in our system’s technology, DISH Network may need to replace some of your existing equipment.* With over 200 HD channels available, we want to ensure you continue to enjoy the best DISH Network has to offer!

To ensure your continued reception of all the HD channels available in your DISH Network programming package, please call 1-888-383-3727 today for more information regarding this equipment upgrade and to schedule a convenient installation appointment (if necessary). Please reference the following code when calling: WHUP615. For best results, call when you are near a TV with DISH Network service.

If you have already responded to the letter we sent you, please disregard this message.

Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer.

Sincerely,

DISH Network

* Please note: Replacement equipment, including receivers, may be leased. Leased equipment must be returned to DISH Network upon cancellation of your DISH Network service or unreturned equipment fees may apply. A credit card is required to qualify you for the upgrade and in the event there are any applicable unreturned leased equipment fees. There are no equipment upgrade fees or service call charges associated with this program. However, a small number of customers may see a slight increase in their monthly additional outlet fees.

I am guessing you are subscribed to Premium Movie Channels and are getting your HD from 61.5. :)

The premiums channels on 61.5 are supposed to move to 72.7 at the end of the month.

I think its legit. ;)

True, I am getting HBO Channels from 61.5.
So, I will get a LBN or dish upgrade or will they just re-point the 61.5 dish to 72.7?
Anyone know if this is gonna cost me $?
Thanks

I don't know if it'll cost you anything, easiest way to find out is to ask. However they're going to have to switch out your receiver as indicated in the email since repointing the Dish to 72.7 with your existing receiver will not work. All receivers that are hooked up to a dish that's pointed at one of the eastern arc satellites (72.7 is one of them) must be MPEG4 capable and I'm guessing that one or more of your receivers is not.

Hey, I got this email today as well as the letter in snail mail. Have I achieved the same results by re-aiming my 61.5 wing dish to the 72.#? I see where some call this a "split arc"....

No you have not. As of now, some HD nationals are still on 61.5, and some are on 72.7. You can't re-aim one dish and get all your channels at this point in time.

The new 1000.4 dish will get you 61.5, 72.7 and 77.

77 might not mean much to you now, but it could in the future.

Crud... I've got a 508 and 622 along with the two dish setup for 110/119 & 61.5 that I own (bought from DishStore, of course). I read on other posts here they're offering the 611(?) as a replacement for the 508 - is that a freebie?

Also, I've got a service address in another location to be able to get all the networks... Any way to get Dish to just send the equipment out direct to me at the billing address? I've done all of our installs/upgrades through the years.

Thx for the info guys!

A year or two ago, I talked executive resolutions out of 2 612's for the cost of shipping: $25 ea. Obviously I installed them myself. Of course back then our antenna configuration was good. Now it's not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts