722 + Sling impossible

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kurto2021

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
I wanted to upgrade my 622 with a 722 so I could get the sling but dish sucks. They will upgrade me with a 622, 722, or 722K but can't guarantee which. The guy said my only option is 922 or order the upgrade and hope it works out

You could always schedule a tech to come out and do the upgrade. I know in our shop, we don't have 622's, only 722's and "K"'s only. Getting someone out instead of having it shipped is one way to do it. Just explain to the tech you want it for a sling box or adapter and he'll work with you.

Or just schedule the upgrade and when the installer shows up with a reciever you do not want, ask to reschedule for anither time, reason: its not ehat you want. This will just waste alot of time if they show up with a reciever you dont want.

If your intention is to use the Sling feature only for viewing outside your home, consider a Slingbox Solo. It has a couple of drawbacks (TV1 only and having to be wired up) but it will likely be cheaper than upgrading the receiver and buying the DISH adapter.

You also don't have to concern yourself with the DISHOnline website's vagaries with the Solo.

Yeah it really stinks that Dish has it setup this way. It used to be not quite as big of a deal if you got a 622 vs a 722/722k receiver but since the Sling Adapter only works with the 722/722k it's a pretty big issue. You'd think that Dish would give the option to do a combo upgrade/purchase of the Sling Adapter with a 722/722k. It may well be time to send an email to the ceo at dishnetwork email address.

Get the sling adapter. Techs are required to carry at least one (and usually have 3) 722 or 722k just because of the sling adapter

Get the sling adapter. Techs are required to carry at least one (and usually have 3) 722 or 722k just because of the sling adapter

The problem is that the only way you can order one from Dish is if you have a 722/722k on your account. CSRs won't let you order one otherwise supposedly because the system is setup not to let them do that. So the only way I can see him getting one is if a retailer sells him one.

As a retailer, If I was in this situation place the order and when the installer shows up, if its not a 722 or 722K cancel the appointment or reschedule.

They need to have a way to specify a 722 or 722K in the system. Most customers are not educated and don't know or even care if there is a difference, but the ones who are should get what they want.

Directv has the same issue with customers who specifically want an HR24.

I don't care if the stuff is referbished or new, but the recording capacity and processer makes big difference on this stuff.

One way Dish could fix this issue is if they put the option in to purchase the sling adatptor when you do the upgrade to an HD/DVR then they have no choice but to give you a 722K

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts