722 software or hardware problem?

eddieras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
i've been having probs withmy 722 - and i've been searching here and dbs and find others with similar probs - many are saying its the 6.14 software, some say the hardware.

my probs:

• pausing won't work on either delayed or shows currently recording - jumps to live.
  • inconsistent rewind or totally unable to rewind and/or skip back
  • slow interface when hitting DVR
  • horrible pixelation - or macroblocking - whatever its technically called!
  • had an hour show recorded, yet the playback bar said 2:59
  • had one show where the playback bar was 17598 ! that's a loooooong show!

i've pulled the plug for a minute- did reset on the panel - still the same.

any ideas? hardware?
could it be software?

Sounds more hard than soft. Call Dish Tech support. They might send you a new one.

thanks.. how do they handle that? would they wave the external hard drive activation fee so i could dump my shows? also, dumb question... once dumped would they playback ok on a good machine - or would i still have probs ?

thanks.. how do they handle that? would they wave the external hard drive activation fee so i could dump my shows? also, dumb question... once dumped would they playback ok on a good machine - or would i still have probs ?
Others have dickered away the fee since they had the same problem. Yes, they would play fine on the new machine. They send you a new machine and box to return old one.

just got off the phone with tech - they went thru a menu with values on my box and said it was a hardware failure- are sending another - did get the EHD waived - after a bit of a push.

any tips on setting up the new box and dumping my recorded shows?
i just bought a Maxtor 500 HD for only $69 at staples.com - was $109 - had an online special at 89 and i had a $25 coupon - did not think it'd take the coupon but it did!

any tips/ advice appreciated=thanks!

just got off the phone with tech - they went thru a menu with values on my box and said it was a hardware failure- are sending another - did get the EHD waived - after a bit of a push.

any tips on setting up the new box and dumping my recorded shows?
i just bought a Maxtor 500 HD for only $69 at staples.com - was $109 - had an online special at 89 and i had a $25 coupon - did not think it'd take the coupon but it did!

any tips/ advice appreciated=thanks!
Good job all around. No real tricks to hooking up. It will tell you it is formatting the drive, then follow the menus. IMPORTANT: DO NOT leave your drive on 24/7. Try to only turn it on when really using it.

When it comes to transferring shows, I always ask myself, "Am I REALLY going to want to keep that?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts