722 software versions

t.salerno58

Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
Dryden, NY
I spent the last hour or so reading though various threads related to software/firmware versions and bugs but I have not been able to find the answers I was looking for. So, I guess I will just ask

What is the current version I should be seeing on on my 722? (I have L625)

What is the latest version currently being pushed out? (I have seen 627 and 661 mentioned)

Have they fixed the EHD problem where recorded programs were erased after viewing from the EHD?

Thanks.

L661 is for 722K. I am unsure what they are on for the 722. They have different software.

Not to disappoint you, but I was curious about the same thing one time and did alot of googling only to find that no one keeps a list of current versions anymore.

I wish I could offer more info.

I have L627 on my older and lower serial number R00860...
VIP722 and L625 still on the newer one R00875....
The update goes to blocks of receivers on any one night, not all at once, it can take a while.
The 722k have a different update as above.
-Ken

Update: the newer got L627 when I went to standby. -K

Last edited:
I spent the last hour or so reading though various threads related to software/firmware versions and bugs but I have not been able to find the answers I was looking for. So, I guess I will just ask

What is the current version I should be seeing on on my 722? (I have L625)

What is the latest version currently being pushed out? (I have seen 627 and 661 mentioned)

Have they fixed the EHD problem where recorded programs were erased after viewing from the EHD?

Thanks.
Here is a list of software versions for the 722. As you will see, dish has been lax in giving us what was fixed or added in the last few releases...

EKB: ViP722 Software History

As for the EHD bug, many here have reported that this update does indeed fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts