722 still calls out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JAF

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
When I connected my 722 via ethernet 2 years ago I never disconnected the phone line even though I didn't need it any longer. Just happened to look at my phone logs and noticed that it is calling out at least once sometimes twice a day. It's no big deal and I know I could just unplug the phone line it but I thought it wasn't suppose to do that anymore. Funny thing is I only have the one receiver on my account and I never rent pay-per-views anyway.

Have 2 722k's. Both call out. Frequently more than once a day, each. Both are connected to broadband router. Broadband speed is 30 meg down 6 meg up. Tested this with Speakeasy.net and GigaNews. Both 722k's say Broadband connected. Can see all the online offerings. Want to keep them connected to phone line for the Caller ID. But it is annoying that they call out so much. Last call was 8:36 am. Work at home. Would rather not pick up the phone and get data in my ear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)