722 TV1 output question

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
Just got this receiver....here's the question. Current setup TV1 out (hdmi) to plasma. TV2 out (rg6) to 2nd TV.

Can I somehow get the TV1 signal to a 3rd TV in another location in the house via my in-home cable wiring system short of buying a wireless video sender?

Just got this receiver....here's the question. Current setup TV1 out (hdmi) to plasma. TV2 out (rg6) to 2nd TV.

Can I somehow get the TV1 signal to a 3rd TV in another location in the house via my in-home cable wiring system short of buying a wireless video sender?

Goto Menu 6-1-5 this takes you to the modulator screen. You will see TV1 is probably off. Look at TV2 if it is set to cable then select cable for TV1, if TV2 is set for air then set TV1 for air. Now select a different channel for TV1.

Now the cable that feeds TV2 is also sending the SD version of TV1 down the same line. At some point you can splice the line that feeds TV2 and put in a splitter to feed your 3rd TV. Now this 3rd TV is getting both TV1and TV2 signals. All you have to do is turn the TV to the right channel to watch TV1 or TV2.

Goto Menu 6-1-5 this takes you to the modulator screen. You will see TV1 is probably off. Look at TV2 if it is set to cable then select cable for TV1, if TV2 is set for air then set TV1 for air. Now select a different channel for TV1.

Now the cable that feeds TV2 is also sending the SD version of TV1 down the same line. At some point you can splice the line that feeds TV2 and put in a splitter to feed your 3rd TV. Now this 3rd TV is getting both TV1and TV2 signals. All you have to do is turn the TV to the right channel to watch TV1 or TV2.

Does this disable the HDMI output of TV1 at the receiver? Am I understanding it correctly that the 722 can modulate both TV1 AND TV2 outputs on different channels over one coax?

Does this disable the HDMI output of TV1 at the receiver? Am I understanding it correctly that the 722 can modulate both TV1 AND TV2 outputs on different channels over one coax?

No, the HDMI output is still live.

Yes, TV1 and TV2 are modulated on 2 different channels over the same coax.

I use it this way everyday.

All output connetions on the back of 622/722 are active all the time, unless you unplug or turn it off of course.