"722" TV2 to non hd projector rca inputs only

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
Trying to hook up TV2 from 722 to a non hd projector. Projector has rca or composite inputs only. Without the use of a VCR, is there any other options? What about any of the new digital ota boxes on market, ota would be a nice benefit. Looking for a cheap solution. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

There is finished sheet rock between tv1 & tv2, both are located on different floors. Coax is in place. It would be tough to impossible to try & run wire of any kind from tv1.

The 722 has an NTSC modulated output for feeding both TV1 and TV2 to TVs via coax, so you can get that signal into your projector room without a problem. But you will need an NTSC TV tuner to convert back to composite. Any old VCR should suffice. A digital-only ATSC converter box will not.

I've never try it but it looks like leapfrog maybe what you need.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Terk-Technologies-Leapfrog-LF-30S-Distribution/dp/B00009UHXR/ref=tag_tdp_sv_edpp_i"]Terk Technologies Leapfrog LF-30S Wireless 2.4 GHz A/V Distribution System[/ame]

Get one of these at Walmart: Philips Audio/Video Switchbox With RF Modulator

It has a coax input for the 722, and composite A/V and S-Video outputs.

Unless I'm missing something, this box won't do what the OP needs (change modulated RF input to composite video/L-R audio).

What it appears to do is switch between several A/V sources and output to S-Video and composite, AND modulate whichever source is switched in to channel 3 or 4. If none of the sources is on, it passes through whatever is coming into the "antenna" input.

It would really be a lot easier just to use a VCR with composite output.

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)