DVR End Time Extending on Creation

abisdabis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
Western PA
I have noticed that my dvr has been recording an additional 30 minutes on every show. I went through all of the timers and corrected the end late time to 0 or an appropriate number. I set up some new timers and the default end late time is 30 minutes. I did not see a global setting for this. Is this a know issue or is there a way for me to correct this?

I have noticed that my dvr has been recording an additional 30 minutes on every show. I went through all of the timers and corrected the end late time to 0 or an appropriate number. I set up some new timers and the default end late time is 30 minutes. I did not see a global setting for this. Is this a know issue or is there a way for me to correct this?
At some EARLY point in time, you or some one must have delayed a timer by thirty minutes and set is as system default. Right below where you set the options for your time, is the box for the default. Set it to what you want, and set default. NOTE, existing timers will not change, only new ones set following.

At some EARLY point in time, you or some one must have delayed a timer by thirty minutes and set is as system default. Right below where you set the options for your time, is the box for the default. Set it to what you want, and set default. NOTE, existing timers will not change, only new ones set following.

Thanks. I will give that a shot when I get home tonight.

To get to where he is talking about, go in to create a new timer, then click on options, you should see a screen similar to the one below. I have highlighted the area in question. Set the end late to where you want it, click on set to default, and you should be all set. Good Luck

attachment.php

Attachments

• programguide_crt_opt copy.jpg
    programguide_crt_opt copy.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 392
Note that if either start or stop is extended more than 1 or 2 minutes, it may prevent recording the next time slot with that tuner. Under the time and it will truncate to 0 min when using the same tuner for the preceding/following. There may be a different extension for sports?
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)