What's it mean: 110, 119, 129

bebop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
Idaho
When I go to my 'Check Switch', I see that I have satellites 110, 119 & 129 here in Idaho. Are there other options for satellites that I could be pointing at?

For instance: they just added channel 9404 on 119W on Wednesday, and now I get the marvelous C-SPAN when I didn't get it before (HD Absolute subscriber). How can I decipher the available channels list per satellite and decide if any other setup would be better?

I'm checking 'The List' right now - but I don't know if I can get anything different that what I have - or if it would even be worth it.

Edit:
After reading some other threads - I wonder if the LBN's are specific to satellite numbers and if this is a dead-end idea. Anyone know?

Last edited:
/www.dishuser.org has a list of all HD chanels on dish and what sat they are coming from. 77&61.5 are mostly for east cost customers
After sorting 'The List!' of Dish Channels from this website by the three sat's I get - it looks like there are only about 8 channels that don't show up on any of those three satellites that I would even turn to if I had them.

I'm guessing that means I basically have the best setup for satellites that I could have, being out west.

Does anyone know if I can or would even want to change from having "110, 119 & 129" to anything else if I live out west (Idaho)?

I think some of the channels don't show up in the guide for me because I have HD Absolute and it masks the channels on a satellite that I'm not supposed to see.

You're getting pretty much the entire Dish line-up with your Dish 1000. If you want internationals, then you will need to look at 118. However, there are a few PI's that are only on satellites other than the 3 you are looking at. I think only 61.5 & 148 (148 the wing for the West) still has The Pentagon Channel as well as Classic Arts Showcase 24/7.

While I didn't really want to lose these 2 channels when I was upgraded to the Dish 1000 Plus to continue to receive my internationals, I really don't miss them. I watch and value the internationals I have at 118 much more. Lately, I was RARELY watching Pentagon or Arts and considered it a good compromise to lose them.

So, in summary, you really aren't missing much because you have access to just about all the really "important" and popular channels that are of value and that really matter to the vast majority of subscribers. You are only missing internationals--which are of special interest to a minority of subscribers--(I love my Eurochannel and TV5) and a few unique PI's. Otherwise, you have it all, baby!

That's great to know. And I guess that my subscribed package is what lets me have access or not to different channels.

What's weird is that I cannot even see FoxNews HD on channel 9477 even though I can see FoxBusiness on 9476 on the ALL Channel list. They are supposed to be both on satellite 129. Perhaps dish is still sorting all that out.

Can anyone see both channels 9477 & 9476?

Hello bebop, I am east of you in Calaveras County and I do get both 9476 (FOXB) & 9477 (FXNWS). They are both HD and come from 129. The thing is, I can't find them on any channel lineup. I've looked on two that I have and the online one from the Dish website. So I cannot tell which package they come with. I have their Classic Gold 250 with Gold HD. Not much help, huh?
Tom

Hello bebop, I am east of you in Calaveras County and I do get both 9476 (FOXB) & 9477 (FXNWS). They are both HD and come from 129. The thing is, I can't find them on any channel lineup. I've looked on two that I have and the online one from the Dish website. So I cannot tell which package they come with. I have their Classic Gold 250 with Gold HD. Not much help, huh?
Tom
Calaveras is about 200 miles West (also south), not east of me.

They were just added, so you might not see them on any channel line up but "The List!" linked at one of the top tabs on this website.

By saying 'you get' them both - does that mean you can watch both of those 9476 & 9477 channels, or just see them in the guide? I have HD Absolute - so maybe they don't update my HD the same as every other package since they dropped it from additional availability.

Hey bebop, yes I am southwest from you (I goofed, for some reason I thought you were in the SF Bayarea). I can watch both 9476 and 9477 with the package that I have and they are in my guide. They are both on 129.
I goofed again, 205 SD (FXNWS) is on 119 and 206 SD (FOXB) is on 110. Both 205 and 206 HD are on 129.
Tom

Hey bebop, yes I am southwest from you (I goofed, for some reason I thought you were in the SF Bayarea). I can watch both 9476 and 9477 with the package that I have and they are in my guide. They are both on 129.
I goofed again, 205 SD (FXNWS) is on 119 and 206 SD (FOXB) is on 110. Both 205 and 206 HD are on 129.
Tom

I have 129, as I said in the OP, just can't see 9477.

Tom

These two channels were added very recently--weeks ago, and Dish is always behind in updating its website.

He won't see the program but in All HD or All channel will show up as RED in these guides.
Yeah - that's what I was expecting - both to show up as RED on my guide. I only get one.

I don't really care if I can't see the channel listed that I can't get anyway - but I am always interested if they start making more channels available that I can get (like the ever-popular C-Span). I can see (guide) the SD versions of the 2 fox channels, but only one in the HD.

Oh well, I bet that will change after Dish has the channels for a while longer. I'm beginning to see that channels come and go - just was hoping that more would be coming than going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)