722 very sluggish

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
I have about had it with my 722. During play back it keeps freezing and I miss parts of the program. The receiver reacts very slow. Even on live tv if try to rewind and it freezes. Reset has not helped. I do have a external HD I can copy my programs to. Should I try a factory reset and how do you do it? I am the point right now I would just like to replace it. This has been going on for probably over a month.

Last edited:
Well it just completely freaked out and then acted like it died. No signal at all. No lights on front. Unplugged and it came back. Guess I better start moving my programs while I can.

There have been many posts here of units having the same problem, there seems to be some type of software glitch. Dish is looking into it. Reboot usually brings the receiver back. I'd hold off until we know what's going on. If you want to transfer your recordings just to feel better may not be a bad idea, but I'd hold off on replacing the receiver for a couple of days until what happened is figured out.

Mine done the same thing at the same time yours did tonight. I thought "what the heck?" It was stuck on the guide, turned it off and it was still on the guide, had to unplug it and plug it back in after ten seconds. Before it done that it said it lost signal. When I tried to access my schedule it said that the program guide was not available. When I went into my DVR Events screen it said everything was locked. The unplug for ten seconds got things working again but something sure messed up with the 722 tonight. I was contemplating moving all my internal hard drive shows to an external hard drive if it was beginning to fail.

My 722 is still on L724, and it has been getting stuck on whatever channel that was last on, with no ability to change channels, bring up the guide, or do anything at all. Yesterday, a soft reset fixed it; tonight it just crashed and rebooted and now it's fine again. This behavior seems a bit worse than "sluggish"!

My 722 rebooted while i was watching tv. Also sometimes the remote acts sluggish. I normally rebooot when that happens. Fixes the issue. I never had these issues with my 622.

Same here. For the past 2 mornings, as soon as i turn the box on after about 30 seconds of watching tv the box reboots on its own. Tonight my wife said in the middle of watching tv it went to the recordings screen on its own. Hope they fix this bug quick.

Please include the software version (Menu+Menu).
My current one is L725.
Menu+6+3+Counters+PageDn says 42 successful downloads.
More PageDn's show Fsck almost 2 days old. Time to let it reboot.
That's my older 722. Newer one has 46 and is still on L724, gee.
-Ken

I'm glad to hear this as I've been having similar issues the past two days. Basically the program will come in fine, but the menu won't pop up. So, I could change to channel 140 just fine, but I won't get the on-screen display, nor could I access the DVR. A soft reboot seems to take care of the issue. I'm not sure of my software version on my 722.

Same here. For the past 2 mornings, as soon as i turn the box on after about 30 seconds of watching tv the box reboots on its own. Tonight my wife said in the middle of watching tv it went to the recordings screen on its own. Hope they fix this bug quick.

L724 on my 722.

I'm glad to hear this as I've been having similar issues the past two days. Basically the program will come in fine, but the menu won't pop up. So, I could change to channel 140 just fine, but I won't get the on-screen display, nor could I access the DVR. A soft reboot seems to take care of the issue. I'm not sure of my software version on my 722.

Mine is doing the same with L725

This is getting very old. Miss alot of pieces of show. I have been with dish for a very long time. About a month ago direct tv salesman would not take no for an answer. Kept saying I am a loyal dish network guy but now having second thoughts. If this keeps up either have to change to another model reciever or go to direct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts